News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 383 power steering pump

Started by TylerCharger69, April 11, 2006, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Hello  everybody....quick question....I'm going to put a new power steering pump on my car.  It hasn't had one since I've owned it. I went to buy one   and there are two differences....one has a round reservoir...and one is an egg-shaped reservoir, and i wasn't sure which one the 383 used.....Or...does it even matter?    I put a new steering box on it already by the way...if it matters.  I need to know  so I'll know which bracketry to buy from Year One. :icon_smile_wink:

Rolling_Thunder

There is the older "Federal" sytle pump (round neck) then the newer "Saginaw" style (the odd shaped one) ...   either one can be used - I perfer the Saginaw pump  but that is my personal prefference...    as to what would be correct i believe the Frderal was used in 1969...    but i would wait for verification from someone else
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Federal was a 68 & older item.

69's started with the Saganiaw type....

See pic of mine
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

deputycrawford

Mine is a 69 and is a Saginaw. I just went to the parts store and bought a remaned from across the counter. I think you might have even been able to get the reservoir with it also. Check with them on that.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.