News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting the engine up on the stand.

Started by Ponch ®, April 12, 2006, 05:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Ponch :

(1) remove the flexplate off the crank before you bolt on the plate.

(2) try rotating the plate 180* and leave all the bolts loose so you can adjust the sliding arms.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on April 15, 2006, 08:44:19 PM
Mojo, I don't think running them straight in will be a problem but you still need to get the bottom two bolted in right? Or did that work when you moved it up?

Troy

yeah, the two lower arms do reach the middle holes.

here's a better pic of the tentative set up:

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 15, 2006, 08:48:30 PM
Ponch :

(1) remove the flexplate off the crank before you bolt on the plate.

I've been trying to do that - I dont know if you can tell from the pic, but I have the engine on the ground (on an old tire) in a pretty awkawrd position and I dont think its stable enough to have enough leverage to hold the crank bolt in the front. Otherwise, the crank turns when I try to undo the flexplate bolts. I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow, when my brother is here to help - today ive been flying solo with this.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

8WHEELER

It is very easy to get the flex plate off. Put a wrench on the bolts to take off the frex plate, if the engine
starts to turn over, just put a piece of wood like an old hammer handle, through the flex plate and past the block
about 4inch's and turn it untill it hits the block, then you can take all the rest of the bolts out with no problem.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.