News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where to get a 440 engine

Started by Rubberduck, April 13, 2006, 06:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubberduck

Hi

Where is a good place to get a standard or very mild 440 engine. Since I live in Germany I need a company that
has a good reputation. I don´t want to send the engine back to the USA in a case of warranty.

I found one here from precision engine rebuilders:

http://www.precisionengine.com/performance_crate_big_block_engines_for_dodge.html

What about PAW?

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

Tom_440

I thought the PAW engines were "unassembled?"  You need to check with them before you buy a kit- I've heard that it is tough to get a forged crank, and when you do, it might be  30 under. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but just ask before you buy. The big reputable shops cost substantially more $$$ than where you are looking.

If you are considering assembling a motor yourself, it might make sense to buy a quality rebuild kit from Summit and have the machine work performed at a shop in Deutschland. At least you would have someone to help you if there were problems. I can't imagine shipping back and forth to the US would be cheap...