News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird tires

Started by superbird6bbl, May 12, 2016, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Quote from: RealWing on May 15, 2016, 09:18:35 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on May 15, 2016, 01:04:36 PM
Quote from: RealWing on May 15, 2016, 01:00:18 PM
The original F60-15 spare tire was in my Superbird when I bought it. The size is on the tire in RWL. My bird arrived at Clairpointe on Nov 12th

do you still have the tire?  what is the date code on it? what year did you purchase the 'Bird?
The serial number is JE91G34 (J=1969, E=Nov)  I bought the car in 1990

Jim

November 69 dated tire.

First digit
M or Z =66
K or Y =67
L or T =68
J or U =69
E or W =70
H or X =71
G or S =72

Second digit
T=Jan
U=Feb
F=Mar
S=Apr
Y=May
N=Jun
P=Jul
A=Aug
C=Sep
K=Oct
E=Nov
R=Dec

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 13, 2016, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 13, 2016, 11:56:17 AM
I have had Birds with size and no size 15". This was confirmed by the original date coded spare in them. You are 100% ok to go either way.

I don't think an "EITHER is correct" is an accurate way to look at the answer.

Could you give examples of the dates on the tires "with" and "without" and the VIN/assembly dates of the cars?

With over 8 weeks of Superbird production, early cars are going to receive "NO-SIZE" and late cars are going to receive "SIZE" POLYGLAS tires.  While the cutoff car's VIN/date won't be a viable conclusion it would provide a better than EITHER answer.

The answer could be significantly different F70-14 VS. F60-15 (& what happened on an E-body at Hamtramck may have little to do with inventory & rate of use at Lynch Rd.).

I never said "either is correct" - I said he was ok to go either way.....if he doesn't have an the original spare to go by.....I would not dispute it. Also seen a "mixed" spare that was different from the 4 on the car....with a good date.
I will get the dates of my 5 tires and post here.

out there

Yes, drive that car as often as you can. Not much better than that in life. Hopefully, if you have not already, you can put the cancer behind you.

superbird6bbl

Quote from: out there on May 16, 2016, 01:47:00 PM
Yes, drive that car as often as you can. Not much better than that in life. Hopefully, if you have not already, you can put the cancer behind you.
The last checkup said that I was Cancer free. My wife and I took the car to another town for ice cream and back yesterday. Thank you.  PJ
Superbird6bbl, 69 Q5 SIX PACK Bee and 2011 Challenger SRT8 IE

superbird6bbl

I never said "either is correct" - I said he was ok to go either way.....if he doesn't have an the original spare to go by.....I would not dispute it. Also seen a "mixed" spare that was different from the 4 on the car....with a good date.
I will get the dates of my 5 tires and post here.
[/quote] All I have is the spare wheel.

out there

[/quote] The last checkup said that I was Cancer free. My wife and I took the car to another town for ice cream and back yesterday. Thank you.  PJ
[/quote]
Now that is great news! Enjoy the car. It looks to be a sweet one    :icon_smile_big:

superbird6bbl

I have the Broadcast sheet from the Bird. Does it have any helpful info about production times? It also has 30 NASCAR NO 1 at the bottom. Do they all have this?