News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Z bar Ball stud bracket questions

Started by Cncguy, May 15, 2016, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cncguy

I need to replace the ball stud bracket on my Charger and it's got me sitting here scratching my head. Why on the reproduction (2nd pic) does it have a tab on the bottom? I thought there must be a notch in the frame to accept it but my coronet doesn't have one. Also I can't seem to find  a easy way to get the original out without lots of cuts and grinding.

[/[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/kenobi0001/media/69%20Charger/F8746572-41FE-41E4-AC44-4798BFB63A97.jpg.html]

John_Kunkel

The original bracket was located by a V-notch in the frame; possibly, the tab on the replacement is intended to butt up against the frame rail on the opposite side.  :shruggy:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BIGBLCK11

You have to grind that tab off for a 2nd gen., so it will be flat.  I think the 1st gen, 3rd gen or E-bodies use it, so it is there to work with multiple installs.

Cncguy

67Charger440