News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

you have to check this out (Auto-trans damage)

Started by 71440charger, April 13, 2006, 05:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71440charger

i went to change my tranny mount and got under neith the car and to my supprise look at this has any one else seen this before andwhat caused this and th mount was bad but not real bad
The Killer Cam

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crikies!  That sucks!  Looks like a neutral drop to me ;)

Honestly I couldnt tell you what did that.

John Kunkle might be able to tell you.......Ill change the title of your post so maybe he will see it & reply.....

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71440charger

thanks i bought the car and it was vibrating real bad so i parked it to redo the interior and drove it two days ago and then i seen that yesterday
The Killer Cam

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

John_Kunkel

That's your punishment for having such a feeeeeeelthy transmission.  :icon_smile_big:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71440charger

The Killer Cam

resq302

Galloping gonads Batman!  I would certainly like to know what caused that snaffu? :-\
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Badbob

71440charger

The Killer Cam

RD

its where you rev your engine up high in neutral and drop it into D, 2, or 1
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71440charger

I guess that num nut kid that had it before me did that it has vibratedever since i got it not that i have hadit thatlong or anything but i have maybe dorveit 15 mi. all together thanks guys oh and can that be welded or is it done for just a question beacuse i am putting a 440 in my car and i have to havea diff. tranny anyway but i amkepping the motor and justincase i want the orgional in there.
The Killer Cam

John_Kunkel

Busted tailhousings like that aren't all that common but they're not unheard of.

The reasons for the breakage vary, often its some misalignment in the driveline that exerts a constant side load or vibration on the housing; in this case the vibration was the broken housing.

Welding is out of the question, replacement is the only fix and while the housing is off check the output shaft for straightness.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

71440charger

well i pulled the motor out of the car which is a 318 and a motor mount was bad as a matter of face the bolt was not even in the rubber part of the mount so there is just more to add vibration.
The Killer Cam