News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ted Stephens Daytona Wreck Under the Knife

Started by Aero426, May 18, 2016, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

69HemiBee

Quote from: Devil on July 13, 2016, 11:09:06 PM
They just want it as a showcase tool.  AMD mounts all the sheet metal they have for the Daytona/Charger to the Stephens Daytona, and then roll it around everywhere showing it off.

They could have done that with the one I did.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

Aero426

Aero426

Clock is ticking for SEMA.     Looks like the car is getting close.  

charger_fan_4ever

So AMD is making a plug and trunklid for the aero cars ? Glass wing ? steel nose ? Wonder what they did for fenders/hood. Are they all supposed to be AMD parts ?

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

RCCDrew

held1823

wonder if the nose is glass or metal? and if metal, who made it?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

qwick68

Hey, I like it, good for them....real or not it's cool as shit
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Ryan.C

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

charger chris

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 18, 2016, 02:01:55 PM
So AMD is making a plug and trunklid for the aero cars ? Glass wing ? steel nose ? Wonder what they did for fenders/hood. Are they all supposed to be AMD parts ?

:popcrn: if they are I mite have to get me another charger to make me a Daytona clone. :scratchchin:

Any one hear any rumors about a.m.d doing this?
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

cudavic

Quote from: Aero426 on October 18, 2016, 01:58:23 PM
More

Hey I see an original trunk hing. LOL

I think it looks pretty damn good. And yes I wonder if it is a steel nose cone. Sure looks like it.

WINGMAN

I just got off the phone with AMD, The man told me that they were not making any Daytona parts that are not listed on there web sight. :shruggy: I also informed them that there rear window trim is WAY off. WTF. (Wingman).    Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: WINGMAN on October 19, 2016, 10:35:38 AM
 I just got off the phone with AMD, The man told me that they were not making any Daytona parts that are not listed on there web sight. :shruggy: I also informed them that there rear window trim is WAY off. WTF. (Wingman).    Jay.

So a repro metal place is showcasing their daytona restoration, but forget to mention they do not actually offer daytona specific parts like fenders/hood/plug/nose/wing ect ? Convenient that all the parts are in the same black ecoat, so one would assume all AMD. :spank:
I wonder who actually made the plug/nose ect

Stevearino

So the wing is not theirs. The plug is not theirs.The nose is not theirs. There are no reverse fender scoops available  for purchase. Oh and by the way. Where did they get the 70 fenders and hood? What exactly are they trying to get me to buy with this show case of things you can't buy? :shruggy:

held1823

Quote from: Stevearino on October 20, 2016, 07:09:31 PM
So the wing is not theirs. The plug is not theirs.The nose is not theirs. There are no reverse fender scoops available  for purchase. Oh and by the way. Where did they get the 70 fenders and hood? What exactly are they trying to get me to buy with this show case of things you can't buy? :shruggy:

you are deciphering this wrong. what it really wants YOU to do, is make me a nose cone assembly
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

I just got off the phone with AMD, The man told me that they were not making any Daytona parts that are not listed on there web sight. :shruggy: I also informed them that there rear window trim is WAY off. WTF. (Wingman).    Jay.

Maybe I'll be able to sell my original set of Daytona/500 rear window trim now that folks know the repops are WAY off...
Anyone interested - please see "for sale" section...   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

panhead

Quote from: odcics2 on October 22, 2016, 09:01:28 AM
 I just got off the phone with AMD, The man told me that they were not making any Daytona parts that are not listed on there web sight. :shruggy: I also informed them that there rear window trim is WAY off. WTF. (Wingman).    Jay.

Maybe I'll be able to sell my original set of Daytona/500 rear window trim now that folks know the repops are WAY off...

I can confirm the fit issue, as I got a set from them last November. My car is in the body shop for paint, and test fitted the trim before it went for paint and the fit was way off mainly the two upper pieces. I ended up using their set and my original set and made what I needed. I also talked to Roger Gibson about this issue and he told them that it didn't fit and needed to be refined, and this was before I get my set.  Just a FYI

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

hemi-hampton

Quote from: panhead on October 22, 2016, 09:27:16 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on October 22, 2016, 09:01:28 AM

I can confirm the fit issue, as I got a set from them last November. My car is in the body shop for paint, and test fitted the trim before it went for paint and the fit was way off mainly the two upper pieces. I ended up using their set and my original set and made what I needed. I also talked to Roger Gibson about this issue and he told them that it didn't fit and needed to be refined, and this was before I get my set.  Just a FYI

Curt

No surprise, I've had many fitment issues with after market &/or reproduction in the past.  LEON.

70 sublime

Are the 2 small lower pieces of back window chrome trim the same parts as on a regular 1969 Charger ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mopar John

YES! The 2 lower corners are the same as a 69 Charger but they are flipped side to side.
In addition the long straight lower piece can be used but it's about 1 1/2" shorter and barely fits under the corners.
MJ

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

odcics2

Quote from: Mopar John on October 22, 2016, 06:06:58 PM
YES! The 2 lower corners are the same as a 69 Charger but they are flipped side to side.
In addition the long straight lower piece can be used but it's about 1 1/2" shorter and barely fits under the corners.
MJ

...and it's arched...

Bottom line: the 3 main parts are unique to the 500 & Daytona.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?