News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window roller replacement

Started by charger01, April 15, 2006, 03:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Is there any easy way to change the rollers in my rear quarter windows of my 69 charger?  Looks like a big mess to me?

jaak

Its a job, but it isn't rocket science. I replaced mine. The main thing is you got to take the thing apart in "assemblies".
If I remember correctly..
1. Remove quarter glass (2 - 7/16 bolts thru glass into lift bracket) 2. Remove tracks, long one (toward front of car) short one (toward rear of car). 3- one arm of the regulator is attached to lift bracket with a clip, remove this clip (sort of a bitch, cause you gotta do it while still in car) 4- remove lift bracket 5.- remove regulator.

after everything is removed, assembly everything back together out of car, (with new rollers) and keep it together as a unit until you are ready to put back in car (sorta helps you remember how everything goes.) 

I think I included everything that I remember, if I skipped something , some one please correct me....( I'm just going by memory) I have a dissassembled unit out in the shop I'll take a look at later.

Hope this helps some,
Jason