News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carter afb.... whats with all the ports???

Started by original72, April 15, 2006, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

original72

just got a carter afb to play around with and it has more ports then i can figure out.... i know the mixture screws on the front with the pcv valve between them.... then there are 2 vacuum nipples on the front also.... presuming the lower one is full vacuum and the higher one is the port vacuum.....now on to the side with the electric choke..... i know the fuel inlet is the one in the back....now for the 3 i am confused about......

first is the one coming out of the electric choke.... what does it get hooked to????

second is a large fitting on top that looks like the fuel inlet but is closer to the front of the carb....

and third is a smaller fitting between the above mentioned fitting and the fuel inlet.....

added is a side picture of the carb to help illustrate what im talking about..... all help is appreciated as i never dealt with a carter carb before.....

Thanks
Bill

Ghoste

The one that looks like a fuel inlet is a bowl vent.  I'm not sure what the one between the two is or why an electric choke would have a hose on it

John_Kunkel

The one on the left (rear) is the fuel inlet, on the right (front) is the bowl vent that hooks to the vapor canister if equipped (if not, cap it off), the smaller center nipple is a fresh air source for the electric choke, it hooks to the fitting at the bottom of the choke housing.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

original72

Thank you both for the replies.... now i can get this thing hooked up and on as i am having the possessed holley carb syndrome....

Thanks
Bill