News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Resto has begun!!! PICS !! 69 b7 4 speed Assembly has begun!!! PICS

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 28, 2016, 10:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Little more progress. been really busy.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68RT440

Looks great! I like the white headers. I've been looking for a place that can do a white ceramic coating on the headers for my 440...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 68RT440 on March 02, 2017, 12:26:08 PM
Looks great! I like the white headers. I've been looking for a place that can do a white ceramic coating on the headers for my 440...

This car is a factory 4 speed R/t ,but the numbers engine is long gone . With that I want to mimic that someone early on replaced it with a hemi . So, white headers like back then . I even have a set of purple zoomie header mufflers.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

68RT440

This car is a factory 4 speed R/t ,but the numbers engine is long gone . With that I want to mimic that someone early on replaced it with a hemi . So, white headers like back then . I even have a set of purple zoomie header mufflers.

Very cool. I'm restoring my '68 back to stock but I want to add some day two touches to it as well. Basically like you are doing...mimicking if someone bought the car new and added some aftermarket parts to it shortly after...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

Looks very nice, fantastic work! :cheers:

Where do you source your brake lines & e-brake cables from?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Draco

Wow, the car is going to look awesome when finished. You think that you will have it ready for summer shows?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 03, 2017, 12:50:59 PM
Looks very nice, fantastic work! :cheers:

Where do you source your brake lines & e-brake cables from?

Inline tube

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Draco on March 03, 2017, 01:21:40 PM
     Wow, the car is going to look awesome when finished. You think that you will have it ready for summer shows?

Hoping to. Thanks!

keepat

Charger-Bodie

:popcrn:   More progress over the weekend

Charger-Bodie

funknut

Charger-Bodie

Draco

I see the Hemi is in, up from the bottom. The only way to go. :2thumbs: I had not read anything about the motor that you installed. Is it stock or warmed up?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Draco on March 07, 2017, 01:28:32 PM
      I see the Hemi is in, up from the bottom. The only way to go. :2thumbs: I had not read anything about the motor that you installed. Is it stock or warmed up?

472 eddy heads. Single 800 carb.

hemi-hampton

Looks nice. That's the same Carb I had on my Charger. LEON.

Draco

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 07, 2017, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: Draco on March 07, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

472 eddy heads. Single 800 carb.
Is 800 cfm big enough for that Deep Breather?

68RT440

I like the looks of the single carb. on a Hemi. Looks more NASCARish... :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 68RT440 on March 08, 2017, 07:51:10 AM
I like the looks of the single carb. on a Hemi. Looks more NASCARish... :2thumbs:

Much simpler to keep in tune too.

200MPH

Charger

Charger-Bodie

Ok. I curious what the general concensus thinks is the better look wheel wise. Also ,i got the purple hornies installed.

Dino

Both wheels look good, but I'm partial to steel wheels, especially on a hemi car.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi-hampton

I like the body color painted rims on this particular car. I don't like the purple exhaust. LEON.

keepat

The keystones with the purple mufflers are awesome.  Stock exhaust with the Steel wheels
Looks  awesome either way!
Pat