News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

transmission capicity

Started by 73-charger-383, April 16, 2006, 02:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

Hi, i finally got my 383 into my car, and am about ready to fire it up.  The transmission i've got in the car had been sitting for three years, so i dumped all of the fluid from the pan and the converter.  My question is, what is the capacity of a bb 727 including the converter?  Is there anything extra i need to do, seeing as it hasn't been used in so long, or should i just be able to fill it up and run er.........

thanx guys

John_Kunkel

Total capacity depends on the size of the converter and the cooler. With a  12" converter and a radiator only cooler it will take about 9-10 quarts. Go by the dipstick.

Be sure to make the first start with the shifter in Neutral instead of Park and check the level in Neutral.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

dodge freak

If you did not loosen the valve body there is some fluid still in there, I would say 4 quarts. I would add 5 quarts and then check it in neutral with at least one wheel block so it does not roll away while you are checking it.