News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

leaking anti-freeze.

Started by 68chargerboy, April 16, 2006, 04:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

i have a 383 i just tuned up and its leaking anti freeze on the side of the block, im pretty sure its the freeze plug how do i fix this.  Thanks

Zach

Charger4404spd

You will no doubt have to remive the header/exhaust manifold. After doin that, take a flat screwdriver, place the tip on one edge of the freeze plug and tap with a hammer. The plug should flip. Then pull out with pliers or pry out with the screwdriver.

To install the new one, take a socket that will fit the inside of the freeze plug and drive in evenly. Note how far in the old one is and drive the new one the same amount.

71440charger

Quote from: Charger4404spd on April 16, 2006, 06:35:30 PM
You will no doubt have to remive the header/exhaust manifold. After doin that, take a flat screwdriver, place the tip on one edge of the freeze plug and tap with a hammer. The plug should flip. Then pull out with pliers or pry out with the screwdriver.

To install the new one, take a socket that will fit the inside of the freeze plug and drive in evenly. Note how far in the old one is and drive the new one the same amount.

yep had to this my self the other day
The Killer Cam

haueter66

could also be leaking around the exhaust studs.