News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well it has happened to me

Started by billssuperbird, August 19, 2016, 12:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

70 RR 4speed bench seat black need new carpet and D/P boor panels anyone have any new stuff they my wanna get rid of. Let me know thanks  :buff:

moparnation74

Quote from: billssuperbird on August 23, 2016, 08:41:48 AM
70 RR 4speed bench seat black need new carpet and D/P boor panels anyone have any new stuff they my wanna get rid of. Let me know thanks  :buff:
Are those the only things you need? 

billssuperbird

charge69

Really sorry to hear this !  Hope the insurance co. treats you right!  My home is a 1-story abode and this would be very unlikely to happen here as far as my Charger is concerned.  However, a flooded home with everything ruined while I am away is a possibility that scares the He##  out of me!

Again, really sorry this happened to you and let's hope the insurance company does the right thing!

A12 Superbee

If you are building a house, best thing to ensure you have is a drain in the floor that leads off the toilet, i.e. the laundry or bathroom. That way, it can flood all it wants, it's all just going down the drain and into the stormwater.

Makes life easier if you have a laundry spill or overflow in the tub or you have a door there that leads outside and people drag mud into the house. Just throw a bucket of water at it and down the drain it goes.
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

LaOtto70Charger

I would add make sure the floor drain also has a one way valve.  Stormwater backing up the floor drain is not fun either.  :flame: 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dual fours on August 23, 2016, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: billssuperbird on August 20, 2016, 07:32:06 AM
The supply line to the toilet tank plastic screw cap
To the tank broke
My guess is the seam around the radius of the lower end of the plastic ballcock nut split.
Everybody keep this in mind, if you leave your house for an extended period of time (your Insurance Co. sets this period) and a pipe breaks, your Insurance could be Voided. This depends on your Insurance Co. policy's fine print calling it an 'Unoccupied dwelling.'
On the grounds that if someone had been checking in or living there, there would be less damage.

I've used 'Flood Stop' piped in to the main line and wired the house up. But better yet like others mentioned "Close the main when out of the house overnight."     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yRQdFjQqrU
                    http://reliancedetection.com/products/selection-guide/
Okay, you guys are getting me a little worried. I think I'd better be proactive & replace those items on both toilets in my house soon! The house is currently 17 years old & both bathrooms are upstairs.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

billssuperbird

Change the hose and the shut off valve I did on all 3 of my bathrooms. And make sure you can get to the main shutoff valve fast and easy.and the hole  Family knows how to do it  :2thumbs: oh yeah and don't over tighten the plastic screw cap  To the tank and only tighten it by hand.

billssuperbird

It looks like Haggerty it's going to take care of me. Is there any discount code out there so I can get new interior