News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Imports Vs. Domestics.

Started by Brock Samson, April 16, 2006, 11:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Are Imports better then Domestics?...

I figgured this is a great debate...

Let the duke out begin...  ^-^

Todd Wilson

My 69 Charger has twice the miles and and almost the same with age then my Honda and its in better shape!

Todd

TheGhost

Depends on what you want the car for.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

kab69440

Is there truly a difference between an "American" car and an "Imported" car anymore?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

twilt

Since this is in off topic, i was hoping it was about beer :cheers: :cheers:
Anyway,  "imports" is too broad of a term. You just cant lump all foriegn cars in one group and make an overall comparison.

derailed

Quote from: kab69440 on April 17, 2006, 01:52:06 AM
Is there truly a difference between an "American" car and an "Imported" car anymore?
Great point

Shakey

One of my favourite beers is Molson Canadian.  A domestic beer I grew up with.  When in America, I prefer a local brew and if that is not available, Miller High Life or Budweiser Select will suffice.

As far as Imports go, I do like Paulaner a white German beer but not found everywhere.  I also like Stella Artois, very hearty beer with minimal after-taste.

hemihead

Since I am Mopar Brand loyal ( one of the few left) I'll stay out of this.  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

NHCharger

Your a funny guy Dave. Pull the pin, toss the grenade and walk away.

I did have an import almost kill me once. Think is was a Heffenreffer.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Old Moparz

I like Newcastle Brown Ale, Bass Ale, Dinkelacker Dark & Guinness much better than most of the swill that's claimed to be beer in the USA. I guess that means imports are better.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 17, 2006, 12:07:48 PM
I like Newcastle Brown Ale, Bass Ale, Dinkelacker Dark & Guinness much better than most of the swill that's claimed to be beer in the USA. I guess that means imports are better.

:iagree:

Throw in Murphy's Irish Stout, some Boddington's Pub Ale, plus some Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and I'm all set.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Old Moparz

MMMMM, Samual Smith's is a good one too.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

Dale The Bold

There are two types of cars being built today:  Foreign cars, and foreign clones.  If you must have domestic, buy a pickup truck before they become outlawed.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The Ghoul

Quote from: kab69440 on April 17, 2006, 01:52:06 AM
IMHO; nope
as far as my beer prefrence  goes;
"red white and the pabst blue ribbon, damn right thats how Im livin' " kid rock.

CFMopar

Its all about canadian beer.... Mmmmm Moosehead......
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

twilt

I wonder how many of the "i hate imports" crowd have enough real life experience  on which to base their views. I'm sitting in a repair shop right now. 5 cars here. 1 import with a contaminated brake system, (dont put p/s fliuid in the m/c reservoir)   other 5 are broken domestics. Go figure. typical day in the real world.

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on April 17, 2006, 04:57:27 PM
1 import with a contaminated brake system, (dont put p/s fliuid in the m/c reservoir)   
LOL
wont do that more than 4 times!!
LOL

I had a friend that was driving when his 'brake' light went one.
He pulled over and noticed that the resavwar was low.
Only thing he had in his car that was liquid was a 20oz of pop.

Lets just say, it brought a whole new meaning to the phrase 'stickey brakes'!
I still to this day dont know what posesed him to not just check for a leak some where and drive it to the next gass station.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Shakey on April 17, 2006, 05:59:06 AM
As far as Imports go, I do like Paulaner a white German beer but not found everywhere.  I also like Stella Artois, very hearty beer with minimal after-taste.

You can find it in Maine of all places, believe it or not.   The Beer Garden (but spelled in german)
Topsham Maine.   Hans( not from HLPAG) is the owner and straight from Germany and everything is authentic.  Pressure is correct and beer is piss warm like in germany.  I'll stick to the good ole king of all.  :patriot: That's right you guessed it "Milwaukees Best Light"  Classic taste at it's best!!! :patriot:
  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The Ghoul

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 17, 2006, 07:09:01 PM
Quote from: Shakey on April 17, 2006, 05:59:06 AM

You can find it in Maine of all places, believe it or not.   The Beer Garden (but spelled in german)
Topsham Maine.   Hans( not from HLPAG) is the owner and straight from Germany and everything is authentic.  Pressure is correct and beer is piss warm like in germany.  I'll stick to the good ole king of all.  :patriot: That's right you guessed it "Milwaukees Best Light"  Classic taste at it's best!!! :patriot:
  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
on the radio there was a news report about the american's taking top honnors at a big beer festavil, beating out ze germans.
Damn, wish I was better with details.

derailed

I agree canadian beer rules. One night last summer I worked a 12 hour shift and then got up to Montreal and went over to the pub next to the hotel at 830 in the morning and had steak and eggs and drank labatt blue dry till 1pm. Great beer but talk about a hangover that could kill a mule. They dont have this high octane stuff here in the states.

RD

i think this is totally subjective...

for instance, if you have a toyota and it provides you with 200K miles of fault free service and you have a dodge that gives you only 80K miles of troublesome service, then the toyota would be considered better than the dodge correct and vice versa.

I do not think in most cases it is the car persay, rather it is the owner of the car that determines the years and mileage of service that a car may perform.  some cases, i will grant you that, the car is a lemon, but in most cases it is dependent upon the owner of the vehicle that determines the life and service of the vehicle.

after all, we determine if a vehicle is good based upon its lifetime of service and its maintenance history in most cases (whereas in other cases performance, handling, and blah blah blah is included), but in most cases its just lifetime of service and maintenance history.  these two variables can mainly be place under the CONTROL of the owner.  The car really does not control its maintenance history and/or its lifetime of service, because one directly affects the other.

so, in summation, this question is bogus and only placed to inflame our forum members and MAINLY..

TO GET US TO TALK ABOUT BEER. :D

edit: forgot to put smiley behind beer, my bad  ;)
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

So, what's wrong with beer?

(Note to self, must pick some up on the way home.)
               Bob                

The Ghoul

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 18, 2006, 12:32:20 PM

when you have too much of it you have a killer hang over.
it makes ugly girls do-able.
and cops get pissed when you ask them to hold yours while your looking for your registration.
other than that.
its the greatest stuff on earth!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: The Ghoul on April 18, 2006, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on April 18, 2006, 12:32:20 PM

it makes ugly girls do-able.

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!