News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lokar kickdown kits

Started by chargerucd, April 17, 2006, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodge freak

Almost got it, then I spoke with my trans. guy. He told me you are better off spending the money on a manual valve body and get rid of the kick down linkage alltogether. I told him it says race only and will shift to hard, he said he can put it in and have it shift as soft or hard as I like.  I have 3.91 gears and its great. When cars are in front of me when stop I can take off in third gear and have no problem keeping up. When it is second it takes off as quick as most other cars. So second and third gear are all I use most of the time. I like it so much I would not go back. Then again I never drink and drive so I have no problems with it. Auto shifting are nice for some people and drivers but not me.

John_Kunkel

The Lokar kit is generic and the instructions suck.

For a cable kit designed for Mopars take a look at:

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

my73charger

I have the lokar kickdown and the acceleration cable.  I love it.  I didn't have a problem figuring out how to install it and I have been very happy with it.  I would never go back to the stock set up.

hotrod98

Quote from: my73charger on April 17, 2006, 05:19:34 PM
I have the lokar kickdown and the acceleration cable. I love it. I didn't have a problem figuring out how to install it and I have been very happy with it. I would never go back to the stock set up.

I bought a lokar kit for my crate hemi. Installing it on the transmission was easy. The hard part is figuring out how to connect it to the Edlebrock carb. I bought the edlebrock chrysler adaptor and the extra lokar bracket. I see absolutely no way to install that lokar bracket on my edlebrock carb.  The instructions are a joke.
I would love to see a pic of how you installed it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

my73charger

I will take a picture tonight and post it.

my73charger

hotrod98

Thanks for the pic. My problem is that I'm using an edelbrock and lokar fabbed that kit for a holley. They failed to mention that in the brochure.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

andyf

Hotrod98, if you're looking for a throttle bracket kit for a crate Hemi intake manifold then take a look at my webpage.  www.arengineering.com is the address.  I have throttle bracket kits that work with the Lokar kickdowns for most Mopar engines.  You can buy my stuff from Mancini Racing, Bob Mazzolini Racing or www.magnumhp.com.

sext7366

I am using this on my 383 with an edelbrock, works fine, but like the guys said the instructions suck and without a couple good picks like the one shown, it was a pain to install.