News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unknown frame bracket

Started by Raindem, September 19, 2016, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raindem

What is this metal bracket, circled in red, that is bolted to the frame rail?  There is one on each side, where the frame starts to turn up to form the axle tunnel.  Nothing is connected to either one.  It's a 73 Charger Ralley.  Thanks.

cbrestorations

thats that doohickey that holds the thing-a-majigger to the whatcha-ma-call it...

ive never seen one on any of my cars

6bblgt

factory rear sway bar brackets

Raindem

Thanks.  I'm beginning a resto project that someone had previously started to disassemble.  The car is about 90% there but that was obviously part of the 10% that wasn't.

Now to figure out what the V shaped chunk of cast iron bolted in the drivesaft tunnel is for.

Curt

6bblgt

that's factory also

something to do with eliminating vibration/harmonics  :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

Charger_Fan

That's interesting. I wonder why it was only used with small block engines?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Raindem

Quote from: Charger_Fan on September 20, 2016, 10:43:14 AM
That's interesting. I wonder why it was only used with small block engines?

Mine's a BB.  They probably figured our cars weren't heavy enough and decided to bolt on chunks of cast iron.  Yeah.

I wonder if it's really needed anymore, given modern balancing techniques and better tires.

Alaskan_TA

The second set of links posted are for 383 & 440 cars.