News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pissed off on my 5th 440 with no luck

Started by 73chargers4404, April 17, 2006, 10:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

im not to happy to say i am on my 5th block and am still have no luck,you name it i had it busted rods thats knocked out chips,mice making bedding in the cylinders and pitting them out busted ears ,bored 60 over ,it needs sleeved or its bored 60 over or its cracked ,if i hear another machine shop tell me this im going to beat them to death wtih there own shoes. :flame: :flame: :flame:

RD

dayum... your getting it rough

where are you located?  You need help finding a good one?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73chargers4404

im located in SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI .help would be nice.

MOPARHOUND!

You have the rest of the parts, just need a block??
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

71440charger

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on April 18, 2006, 07:44:38 AM
im located in SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI .help would be nice.

hey there hey there buddy i am from springfield mo orgionaly  i am in panama city fl right now i am heading up to springfield this weekend i got a guy down here that might have a good 440 that i might be able to bring up to you
The Killer Cam

RD

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on April 18, 2006, 10:32:25 AM
You have the rest of the parts, just need a block??

I have a friend that has some NOS short blocks still assembled.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73chargers4404

yah i have all the parts for my 440 ,just no block, its sucked alot of money buying all these  engines and i have had two clean a magged that did not work out.i must have some bad karma .is there going to be sworm of locusts fly out of the next one. :icon_smile_evil: >:(

71440charger

are you sure your machine shop just dont want them hehehe :yesnod:
The Killer Cam

73chargers4404

yah i thought of that ,but ive goten a second opinon at another machine shop maybe its a conspertsy to get 440s      damn the man save the mopars

71440charger

The Killer Cam

74340charger

I have a cheap complete 440, but I live in michigan, let me know how angry you need to get too drive up here for it.

TylerCharger69

There's a guy in Blythe, California that I used to work for named Kevin.  He owns a machine shop called KC Machine Shop.  In that area of the Arizona-California desert,  those 440's are not hard to come by.   I got one out of a junkyard down there for 200 bucks about 4 years ago.....complete!!  I know he has a plethera of 440 heads already ready to go, and he had a few 440 blocks just laying around.  He may be able to help you out!!!