News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stealth head work

Started by C500, October 30, 2016, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Picked up my heads from my local cylinder head experts, flow data and pics below.

They performed a street port job, strip, de-burr and polish valve stems, hone guides, redo valve seat angles, machine valve seats, porting and chamber improvements, mill heads to 80cc, initial flow test on an SF-600 'Superflow' flow bench, and final flow test to compare.

Cam lift is 0.496 HDP271. SF-600 tested at 28" H²0 Heads went from 250.6cfm to 287.8cfm intake, exhaust 192.6 to 207cfm. Engine Compression ratio will be 10.2. Pretty happy with the results  :yesnod: Comp Cams retainers and keepers, and 911 springs installed.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

a couple more....
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

and some figures.... ignore the dirty four letter 'f' word on results sheet

c00nhunterjoe

Excellent numbers @ .500 lift. Should make for a fun ride.

C500

BSB67

very nice!

Good heads, good compression, you're 90% there

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

C500

firefighter3931

Nice job....great results.  :icon_smile_cool:

That's going to be a huge improvement over the factory heads and less weight to boot !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

500Jon

Nice heads there!

Hope your fuel is better than ours in the UK?
We struggle with anything over 10 to 1 and Bigblock.
Smallblocks seem to fair better at higher comps.

The exhaust ports look taller than the 906 heads?
Are you going to use headers?

5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

C500

Quote from: 500Jon on November 05, 2016, 05:10:03 AM
Nice heads there!

Hope your fuel is better than ours in the UK?
We struggle with anything over 10 to 1 and Bigblock.
Smallblocks seem to fair better at higher comps.

The exhaust ports look taller than the 906 heads?
Are you going to use headers?

5J

Our fuel is not great, I will need to run it on premium at that CR, 10.2 will be fine. I had the heads port matched to my cast iron HP manifolds.