News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine swap questions...

Started by Bandit72, April 19, 2006, 07:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

ok, my 400 has developed a rather strange internal "vibration" at certain RPM's so i'm just gonna pull it out and put my mild 413 i built in it (i've been looking for an excuse to do this for awhile) but i have afew questions as too what expect...

1. the 413 came out of a 64 fury and has a center sump oil pan...this will work on the charger won't it? (1972)
2. I have a 2000 holeshot B&M torque converter for this engine and i was wondering if it will bolt up to my stock flexplate
3. My 400 currently has headers and i was wanting to use the existing exhaust system with the 413...since the 413 is a RB block and the 400 isnt' will everything still line up? (header pipes to headers wise) & how do i go about putting the engine in? (do i leave the headers off and put them in later, lay them down in the cradle and meet the engine half way?)
4. My 413 is really pretty, i've put all new gaskets in it and it's painted a nice coat of chrysler Red...how do i keep it looking nice, any advice here?

thanks

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Rolling_Thunder

1) Center sump will work
2) it should
3) it should - most headers are B or BR design - might fit "differntly" but will fit
4) dont take it apart and dont drop anything on it....     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip