News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 hp

Started by 74340charger, April 20, 2006, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

What is the best and cheapest way to get 400 hp out of my 340?

Dallas

67_Dodge_Charger

Fastest: Cam and head.  Cheap:  ???

-Robert

dodge freak

Don't forget headers too. A nice single plane intake helps too. Oh an a holley hp 750 and then a msd 7 al spark box, it really helps to burn all the gas. My engine used to run great sometimes and ok other times, depending on the temp. outside and how hot or cool it was and even how fast I would floor my D.P. carb. Now with the msd 7 al ,it runs great all of the time.

XXSpiralXX

Nitrous is quick. AND relatively cheap... The carnage it leaves behind if its not set up right however.....   Is priceless  :icon_smile_cool:

74340charger

I'm more or less looking for some one who has a proven reliable set up that I can borrow the blue prints for. I really don't need to be original.

Dallas

Beer

Take a look at my post 318 to 402 stroker, somewhere in there is a link to 360 combinations, that show HP #'s compared to cams and head combos.

Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

dodge freak

I am not sure you need to stroke it-sure its nice but how much power do you want? If you are looking at trying to get the most power out of it then do what Beer did. Thats a good motor you have, not sure how heavy your car is, ifs its under 3500 lbs you should be able to get it to go pretty darn good. Get 3.91- 4.10 gears, you have a steel crank and good rods you can rev it to 6500, a solid cam around 230@ .050 should work great on the street and the other stuff I said. Save the rest of your money for gas and girls and have a great summer.

Beer

I did not say to stroke it. Thats big bucks.

I am saying there is a link to a site that looked at 360's and had various cams and heads with dyno numbers showing what combo's did what in that post. It was specific to 360's but still good info to help you make a descision or point someone into an area of research on particular combo's.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

hemihead

You can only get so much Hp out of a SB before the cylinders split.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

74340charger

Thanks guys, if any one else has a package they come up with, i'm doing this in the fall after I've saved up some money, I just needed a ball park figure to shoot for and some ideas.

email me if you have some new info! dallascarter18@yahoo.com

Dallas