News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 oil pan truck-car

Started by Highbanked Hauler, April 20, 2006, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I've got a 360 out of a full size Dodge van with the sump in the rear of the pan.I know I've got to change the pan,do I have to change the oil pickup also or is it in the same place with both pans? Also is the flex plate the same as a 318 cu.This is going in a B-Body,thanks.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Plumcrazy

You will have to use the oil pickup tube that matches the pan.  You are going to need a center pickup 360 pan.
The flex plate should work but you will need a torque converter balanced for a 360.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on April 20, 2006, 04:18:25 PM
I've got a 360 out of a full size Dodge van with the sump in the rear of the pan.I know I've got to change the pan,do I have to change the oil pickup also or is it in the same place with both pans? Also is the flex plate the same as a 318 cu.This is going in a B-Body,thanks.

what tranny is in the b-body? If its a 904, you can get away with using the same torque converter if you use B&M's weighed flexplate for 360/904 combos (or so Chryco tells me).

See this thread for more. I'm basically doing the same swap you are, so maybe some of your questions are the same I've already asked.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser