News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb and intake suggestion

Started by xp29f8b, April 20, 2006, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xp29f8b

I have a 318 thats been balanced and blue printed with 340 heads, high volume oil pump and mild performance cam. It only has a 2 bbl carb and I want to put a 4 bbl on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the type and size I should go with? It's going to be a daily driver so I need a little econimy in it, but I want a little more umph in it also (something that will get up and go when I want it to). Thanks

dodge freak

You did not say anything about your exhaust but I guessing its a duel but does it have headers of those 340 hp manifolds or I hope not 318 stock manifolds? Anyways this is what I would get for it for what you are looking for-edelbrock carb. a 750 if it has headers and a 600 if it has 318 manifolds. I think hooley makes more power but for gas mileage go with edelbrock. For the intake- I am using right now offenhauser 360 equa-flow high rise, it is a single plane but has great low speed power, in fact my idle smooth out a little from the edelbrock performer and it had a little more power. Offenhauser makes racing manifolds but this one is for the street. Others might say differenet but this is what I would use.

71440charger

there is a caculator for that some were but you need nothing bigger then a 600 or 650that is my opinion though
The Killer Cam

firefighter3931

Check E-bay for a used Edelbrock LD340. A holley 600 cfm vac secondary carb would be fine for that combo, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Holley, holley, holley.  or demon is pretty good too.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dodge freak

Those Ld340's are great too but you have to get used. I use holley and nothing else but he said gas mileage , doesn't  edellbrock get better mileage? Look I thought gas mileage was a joke and did not care but now thats its $3.00 going to $4.00 maybe it does matter, but I still driving like MR. Lead Foot.