News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mexican Adventure!

Started by Blusmbl, August 10, 2005, 10:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blusmbl

I kid you not, people- it's nicer than my home... Detroit, Michigan.  I just spent the past 3 days in beautiful Hermosillo, Mexico visiting the Ford plant down there.  I was amazed... it wasn't anything like I was expecting.

-The roads are pretty nice, especially compared to Detroit standards.  They do have this nasty habit of putting speedbumps in the middle of town though.

-The scenery was absolutely beautiful.  The entire city was built around a mountain, you can see it from anywhere.  There's also many outlying mountains as well. It's very green, not dry at all....with the exception of the resivoir, it was stone dry.  :(

-Hotels catering to Americans are dirt cheap and very luxurious.  I had a junior suite for $90/night, with a king and a half size bed, fridge, two TV's, two bathrooms, free bottled water, kickin' cold AC, and anything else you could ask for. The pool was sweet, too.

-Yes, the city had ghettos.  But they don't burn down their abandoned buildings.  Advantage: Mexico

-If you ever want to know where every single pickup truck and VW beetle made ends up, just travel south.  There's approximately 16.5 beetles per square block.  They may even be used as houses, I don't know for sure.

-I did see a 4dr '70 Coronet, and about 6 or 7 73-76 Dusters and Darts.  Tons of Dodge trucks...very few hot rods.

-Ever want to see a donkey in the back of a mini-truck driving down the road?  You don't see cool stuff like that in Detroit!  Advantage: Mexico

-The food is absolutely amazing.  I can't stress this enough.  Taco stands on the side of the road are suprisingly good, and any of the local resteraunts have excellent food.  I ate at the hotel resteraunt on Monday, and the rice was the best I've ever had anywhere, and the enchiladas were darn good.  Tuesday night we ate at a little taco joint, I was shocked when they arrived and the meat was the most tender and juicy steak I've ever had.  The salsa put it over the top, too.  And if you don't like regular mexican food, there was also a Church's chicken, Applebees, Carls Jr, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Dominos, McDonalds, and about any other fast food place you can name.  Advantage: Mexico

-Local women: I didn't venture into any of the strip clubs, but every girl who worked at the plant, and every one we ran into out at the bar was gorgeous.  Beautiful, innocent-looking faces.  Very shapely, too.  Not standard white girl trailer park ass.  Talking to the guys who have worked at the plant for several months, all of the single guys picked up girlfriends within weeks.  :icon_smile_cool:

-the beer:  Tecate, near as I can tell, is their version of Budweiser.  Corona isn't any differend down there, either.  However, Pacifico is nearly God-like.  Really.

Also, they play American songs on the radio down there.  I heard Green Day, Incubus, etc... on the pop station.  I also heard "I don't know how to love him" from the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack on their oldies station, 107.5.  It put a huge smile on my face.  :D

I almost changed my flight out to next week so I could enjoy it further!

So, if you're bored, drive or fly on down to Mexico...  :devil:
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Brock Samson

nice write up, you should be a travel writer... who's  hungry?..  :icon_smile_tongue:

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

I'm hungry!! :drool5:

I've been to Tijuana 3 times, driven in once...I'll NEVER drive into there again. It was terrible.
When we drove in, we ventured about 50 miles south of Tijuana & ended up in lots of farm land & a couple small towns (I forget the names).
Other than people speaking less broken english the further from the border you are, that part wasn't a bad deal.

I'd like to go to one of the beachfront tourist cities one day...fly in, of course. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blusmbl

It was kinda rough being at the airport and not speaking any spanish.  But, I got on the plane and made it out just fine. :D

I like the red light/green light to get into the country.  :P
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger