News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Value of a original superbird front jack

Started by warmpancakes, January 30, 2017, 03:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warmpancakes

Whats the going rate for a real superbird front jack and folding handle?    also looking for a original triangle hold down plate 

hemi68charger

The scissor jack will definitely be more expensive since Pete V. is no longer making them.... I would suspect $600 if not more into the future unless he gets back into the creation of them. Maybe President Trump should call Pete and ask him, on behalf of us wing car guys, to start making them again....  :icon_smile_big:

I believe there could be a reproduction jack hold-down plate out there.

The handle I'm not sure of.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopar John

I would agree that for a restorable original jack $600.00 would be a good estimate.
There are a lot of similar jacks and as Troy stated reproductions out there so be carefull.
MJ

DAY CLONA

Quote from: warmpancakes on January 30, 2017, 03:36:58 PM
Whats the going rate for a real superbird front jack and folding handle?    also looking for a original triangle hold down plate 

A "REAL" jack/handle could be as cheap as free right on up to $2K, even as high as $3K, and anything in between price wise, all depends on who's selling, who's buying and it's condition, hold down plates, again from free as high as $500-$600....repros are under $100

Most repro jacks run approx $600+ depending on quality/correctness, handles (repro) $150+

With original jacks/hardware you either get lucky (rarely) or pay thru the nose

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 30, 2017, 05:28:46 PM

A "REAL" jack/handle could be as cheap as free right on up to $2K, even as high as $3K, and anything in between price wise, all depends on who's selling, who's buying and it's condition, hold down plates, again from free as high as $500-$600....repros are under $100

Most repro jacks run approx $600+ depending on quality/correctness, handles (repro) $150+

2X   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

billssuperbird

Are the superbird and Daytona the same except for the color and hold down plate

DAY CLONA

Quote from: billssuperbird on January 31, 2017, 06:46:46 AM
Are the superbird and Daytona the same except for the color and hold down plate

yes

maxwellwedge

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 30, 2017, 05:28:46 PM
Whats the going rate for a real superbird front jack and folding handle?    also looking for a original triangle hold down plate  

I paid through the nose a few years back for just the jack.....I had to have one and there it was.

bebeep1969

New repop 5 years ago were 700-800 range.
Original with hold down and handle in  near perfect unrestored condition will run 1500-3000 depending who is buying and selling.  Hard part is finding a near perfect unrestored jack.  Nearly impossible to find
1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird