News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Honestly, I don't think the truck looks good in Sublime.

70 sublime

Not a fan of the painted bumper body colour either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

bakerhillpins

Quote from: JB400 on April 27, 2017, 09:27:31 PM

Me either.  The RAM webpage has a bunch of "limited edition" models. I like that they are thinking outside the box though.
http://www.ramtrucks.com/limited-editions/index.html

I need to find one of the performance hoods for my 14 RAM off of something that got waded up.  :P

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 27, 2017, 09:29:50 PM
Not a fan of the painted bumper body colour either

:iagree:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ElDoradoCuda

I've been a fan of dark green metallic cars since I was a kid and even had a dark green metallic Stingray bike with a white banana seat.  That's why I'm really hoping this RT/SE holds together when I try to pull it out of the mud in two weeks.

alfaitalia

Nice find!....is the mud up to the rockers, like it looks, or is it just a build up of leaves? Would be nice if the belly was not on the floor.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ElDoradoCuda

The mud touches the rockers in some places and not others.  There are several other cars there - some of which survived ok.  Others did not.  A 65 Mustang Fastback I pulled out was completely gone where it touched the mud.  The car also has severe rust at the rear section of the roof and tail end of the car.  It may be a parts car, but is so original I'd like to save it if possible.

alfaitalia

Here's hoping. Certainly looks better than a parts car from the one picture. Motor and tranny present? Or am I just being too hopeful. Impossible to find things like that here as Chargers were never officially imported to the UK back in the day and still aren't...pity.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ElDoradoCuda

Thanks, original engine and transmission are still in the car.  It is 100% complete and, like the Mustang, was just parked when the family bought something new.  Even the battery with the red vent caps is still on it, correct air cleaner, etc.  Mechanically it is very basic for an R/T - 440 4bbl, automatic, 3.23 open rear.  Some interesting options include a/c, power brakes, hood pins, luggage rack, console, am/fm radio, leather buckets (surprisingly good condition all things considered), and I believe the hood blackout treatment.  Other cars next to it aside from the Mustang, and mostly not salvageable with a few exceptions, include 1938 Buick 2 door, 55 Chevy 210 2 door (6 cyl car with 327 swapped in during the 70's.  327 seized and car was parked there), 55 Chevy 210 4 door, 65 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible, 55 Ford Crown Victoria, 4 VW bugs (only interesting one is a 63 that survived ok), and a few other old Fords and Buicks.  All were viable cars and most of them running when parked.  Then left to rot.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: JB400 on April 27, 2017, 09:27:31 PM

Lordy! it looks like a giant booger....I like Sublime, but not in this application, pass the eye bleach please

BDF

Quote from: ElDoradoCuda on April 28, 2017, 10:44:09 AM
I've been a fan of dark green metallic cars since I was a kid and even had a dark green metallic Stingray bike with a white banana seat.  That's why I'm really hoping this RT/SE holds together when I try to pull it out of the mud in two weeks.
GOOD! Another green one, I hope you save it!  :2thumbs:
                                      :popcrn:

Kern Dog

Christ....That truck looks terrible.
I have never liked the color though some people  really like it.

cbrestorations

Quote from: ElDoradoCuda on April 28, 2017, 12:30:43 PM
Thanks, original engine and transmission are still in the car.  It is 100% complete and, like the Mustang, was just parked when the family bought something new.  Even the battery with the red vent caps is still on it, correct air cleaner, etc.  Mechanically it is very basic for an R/T - 440 4bbl, automatic, 3.23 open rear.  Some interesting options include a/c, power brakes, hood pins, luggage rack, console, am/fm radio, leather buckets (surprisingly good condition all things considered), and I believe the hood blackout treatment.  Other cars next to it aside from the Mustang, and mostly not salvageable with a few exceptions, include 1938 Buick 2 door, 55 Chevy 210 2 door (6 cyl car with 327 swapped in during the 70's.  327 seized and car was parked there), 55 Chevy 210 4 door, 65 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible, 55 Ford Crown Victoria, 4 VW bugs (only interesting one is a 63 that survived ok), and a few other old Fords and Buicks.  All were viable cars and most of them running when parked.  Then left to rot.

i wouldnt say thats a basic r/t, i have a green 70 r/t thats alot more basic than that. with no a/c, am radio, no luggage rack, no tach, 2.94 open rear, no hood pins, manual drum brakes and just vinyl seats. ide be interested in that green 70 you found if it ends up being too much work to fix for ya

ElDoradoCuda

Thanks CB, I'll post a bunch more pictures of the car when I have it home and can take good pics from all angles.  As it is now I need to cut down three trees to get it out that actually grew after it was parked, and it is sitting only 8 inches from the Buick next to it.  At a minimum it will need a hood, A pillars, everything under the rear window, trunk pan, tail panel, sections of the quarters, etc,,,,

cbrestorations

Quote from: ElDoradoCuda on April 28, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Thanks CB, I'll post a bunch more pictures of the car when I have it home and can take good pics from all angles.  As it is now I need to cut down three trees to get it out that actually grew after it was parked, and it is sitting only 8 inches from the Buick next to it.  At a minimum it will need a hood, A pillars, everything under the rear window, trunk pan, tail panel, sections of the quarters, etc,,,,

shoot its already better than half my chargers now...lol

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ElDoradoCuda on April 28, 2017, 10:44:09 AM

Oh Man, your are in for a rust surprise.  I hope to see it rescued asap.

ElDoradoCuda

I had the surprise already pulling out the 65 Fastback - what a mess!  I'm just hoping this one is a little better.