News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

...this is what happens when you own a GREEN car, fruits just show up from nowhere and hang around your car... ;D

BDF

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 06, 2017, 11:59:57 PM
...this is what happens when you own a GREEN car, fruits just show up from nowhere and hang around your car... ;D
:hah:   Looks like it laid an egg.

fizz

True enough, that is one ugly ass paint job. What crack head dreamed that up?

fizz

But what colors would that paint job look good in? Red and pink w/ white top? Dark blue and baby blue w/ white top? Purple and lavender w/white top? Aint got nothing to do w/green.

fizz

Molded in nose and street rod nerf bar aint helpin either

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: fizz on April 07, 2017, 07:11:09 AM

Really?? Very respectful of you to type such a thing! Let's see the pics of your Daytona,real or clone.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Sublime/Sixpack

I wish either of my green cars would produce watermelons. Would save me money at the grocery market.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Sublime/Sixpack

It's good to see you have a sense of humor.  By the way what is the blue car to the side of the Dayclona? Looks like a '67 GTX or '67 R/T. Love those cars!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

alfaitalia

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 07, 2017, 08:36:04 AM

Really?? Very respectful of you to type such a thing! Let's see the pics of your Daytona,real or clone.

To be fair to him, whether he had a Daytona or not does not drop him having an opinion on a pretty horrible paint scheme. That's the joys of an open forum. I don't like it either...if it's a real Daytona then it's just wrong if it's a clone then who wants a clone of a melon...lol.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Charger_Fan

That's actually a really cool car & by your comment, I see you're pretty much an...

The "ugly ass" paint job & front "nerf bar" are there for a reason. Maybe you should do yourself a favor & research "Watermelon Daytona" before you run your yap. :slap:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CDN72SE

I've always liked the story of the Watermelon Daytona and a cool piece of history.
1972 Charger SE

BDF

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on April 07, 2017, 09:58:53 AM

It's good to see you have a sense of humor.  By the way what is the blue car to the side of the Dayclona? Looks like a '67 GTX or '67 R/T. Love those cars!
Yes, that is humorous!
BTW- They are 'only' colors and 'opinions'. It would be a very boring car show (or life!) if everything was any one of our favorite colors.
Now play nice...  :nixon:

fizz

What I am sayin, with his comments on green cars (VILE), which includes mine, that car has a lot more vile going on than just being green. And that aint no Daytona.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 07, 2017, 12:10:19 PM
That's actually a really cool car & by your comment, I see you're pretty much an...

The "ugly ass" paint job & front "nerf bar" are there for a reason. Maybe you should do yourself a favor & research "Watermelon Daytona" before you run your yap. :slap:

He is a Mule ?

fizz

I've been called worse. I like pretty much anything with wheels and internal combustion engines. I happen to like 70 chargers, and have a connection to ef8 green ones. I spent a bunch of time and money and built one, and am pretty damn proud of it.

Now, if you have a green car, and want to paint it some other color, of course have at it. Your deal. And if you did an exceptional job, or something different & cool, I will appreciate it. And, if not, I probably will walk by it.

I actually have no opinion one way or another about that watermelon car. I don't think he has any business calling green cars VILE, though, no matter what the history is with that car.

Do you actually expect to be able to bad mouth someone elses car ON COLOR ALONE, and then present something like that and be beyond reproach. That is respectful? Do you think that the guys with green cars are sitting reading what you write, and hanging our heads and saying "Ya, he's right, my car is VILE, I really should part it out. Do you think that with the amount of money we spend on these cars, they are green by freakin accident? I say, if you want to criticize other peoples stuff, show us what you got that gives you the credentials.

DAY CLONA

If you grew up in the 60 and 70's as a motorhead, this is how it was when it came to customizing your ride, no "crackheads', just 'potheads' back in the day customizing and painting cars

Seriously though, the car was created just as you see it in late 1969, photographed in the Hamtramck factory holding yard, seen occasionally parked in the Executive Dodge Main parking lot, even turned into to a poster by Chrysler Photo Studios, made a few rounds with the "New for 70 Dodge" road shows at various ISCA events around the country, and rumored to be have been owned by Robert McCurry, Chrysler Exectutive, and the "Father" to many programs, including the Aero car program...the car remains somewhat of a mystery as to how, why, when, who, etc...and may perhaps always be?

The Factory built a lot of showcars, plus had their dealer network program of the Rapid Transit System (RTS) touring the country's dealerships, so cars like this were the "norm", if you don't know what I'm referencing, then you won't get it?, or perhaps your a few generations younger than me?

The car is a clone of the original, it's basically my "calling/business card", if your going to make repro Tona/Bird parts, why not have a business "model" that people will remember, whether they dig it, or not, they always remember it, beats driving just your average Daytona or Superbird, I just wish it didn't have to be green on green  :nana:

either way here's a few vintage back in the day pics...

DAY CLONA

DAY CLONA

Quote from: fizz on April 07, 2017, 02:15:52 PM

I don't think he has any business calling green cars VILE, though,

If you had read my earlier post regarding "vile", I said that most motorheads back in the day regarded any green car, esp dark green cars "vile", and were often the victim of a quick spraybomb black or grey primer job...I know the truth hurts, but that's the way it was, now while I have no love for GREEN coloured cars, I can appreciate the time and money someone puts into their vehicle, I don't have to like what I see, they have to live with it...but there's no need to get all upset Francis  :icon_smile_big:

fizz

Jeeze, I restored a car back to stock looking, and you recreated that. Whoever made the first one, the welded on nose is cheese no matter how you slice it. Some stuff should be left for dead. And that's the truth you have to live with.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: fizz on April 07, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
Jeeze, I restored a car back to stock looking, and you recreated that. Whoever made the first one, the welded on nose is cheese no matter how you slice it. Some stuff should be left for dead. And that's the truth you have to live with.

That is your opinion. Im sure there are other who will agree with you too,point is that even if this is an open forum...... You could still use a small amount of tact.  :eyes:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BDF

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 07, 2017, 02:35:35 PM

If you grew up in the 60 and 70's as a motorhead, this is how it was when it came to customizing your ride, no "crackheads', just 'potheads' back in the day customizing and painting cars

Seriously though, the car was created just as you see it in late 1969, photographed in the Hamtramck factory holding yard, seen occasionally parked in the Executive Dodge Main parking lot, even turned into to a poster by Chrysler Photo Studios, made a few rounds with the "New for 70 Dodge" road shows at various ISCA events around the country, and rumored to be have been owned by Robert McCurry, Chrysler Exectutive, and the "Father" to many programs, including the Aero car program...the car remains somewhat of a mystery as to how, why, when, who, etc...and may perhaps always be?

The Factory built a lot of showcars, plus had their dealer network program of the Rapid Transit System (RTS) touring the country's dealerships, so cars like this were the "norm", if you don't know what I'm referencing, then you won't get it?, or perhaps your a few generations younger than me?

The car is a clone of the original, it's basically my "calling/business card", if your going to make repro Tona/Bird parts, why not have a business "model" that people will remember, whether they dig it, or not, they always remember it, beats driving just your average Daytona or Superbird, I just wish it didn't have to be green on green  :nana:

either way here's a few vintage back in the day pics...
I was a kid in the 60s and went to a lot of cars shows in SoCal back then. Saw all of the TV cars, Barris stuff, etc. I thought those customs were 'Boss'!
I now suspect that some of the creators were dropping acid... :yesnod:
Thanks for sharing those Day Clona!  :cheers:

fizz

Correct, that is my opinion, and I am expressing it more tactfully than he did, key use of words that earned him my opinion, VILE and TURD.

XH29N0G

I actually like the car, but the last post only makes me think back to college in the 1980's where we could by national bohemian in returnable bottle for $5 a case (I think) and then get back most from the returns.  Don't worry, I'll get to the point.  The only problem was it turned your turds green.  Now that was something that made me think about buying another case.... but then again it was a really good deal. :nana:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BDF

:hah:  You "green turd" guys ought to consider starting a "coprophilia" thread over there on the off topic place. :nana:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: BDF on April 07, 2017, 06:44:41 PM
 :hah:  You "green turd" guys ought to consider starting a "coprophilia" thread over there on the off topic place. :nana:

:smilielol: Now that's "VILE", only a green car owner could come up with a "TURD" like that!...

Speaking of "Green Turds"...Here's a Green Charger in a Turd pit