News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine leveller question.

Started by C500, March 03, 2017, 04:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Guys, I have my 440 back together from the engine builders, aluminium stealth heads, ally intake manifold. Where is the best spot to fit the 4 point load leveller? Each head has 2 holes at one end, but no holes at the other end, so the leveller would be attached diagonally across the engine. Or is it better to fit it under the bolts holding the intake manifold down? The trans is not mated for this lift.  :popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Gold Rush

I just pulled my 400 a couple weeks ago and used the four corner intake bolts.  Actually, I found some just a bit longer to make better use of the thread depth and the leveler worked great even with 727 attached.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Gold Rush

Quote from: BSB67 on March 03, 2017, 07:17:39 PM
Hmmmm, never used a leveler.

When you work solo they are sooooooo handy!!! :2thumbs:
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

C500

Quote from: Gold Rush on March 03, 2017, 10:05:39 AM
I just pulled my 400 a couple weeks ago and used the four corner intake bolts.  Actually, I found some just a bit longer to make better use of the thread depth and the leveler worked great even with 727 attached.

:2thumbs:

Worked good today

Quote from: Gold Rush on March 03, 2017, 07:26:33 PM

:yesnod:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

alfaitalia

Ives fitted quite a few engines solo....had to Google it to even find out what a leveller was ! LOL!"
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BSB67

Quote from: Gold Rush on March 03, 2017, 07:26:33 PM

I have done a lot of engine installs, but looking back, I can honestly say that I really don't think I done it without an extra set of hands.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

c00nhunterjoe

Ive never had a problem using the 3 hole plate bolted in place of the carb. Just installed my new mill with it, 2nd set of hands was used to guide the ridiculous headers im running and not the angle of the engine.