News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger - Steering Column Gasket

Started by Shakey, July 20, 2005, 01:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Does anyone know if these are still available from Chrysler?

Do you know the Mopar # for this?

My kit is on backorder and I was hoping to finish the task this weekend.

Ghoste

Call the dealer and ask, you never know.  They are available in the aftermarket though if Dodge doesn't have them.

Shakey

Their computers only go back to '84, or so I am told.

It is rare that you find one that has kept their old parts books that they could look up manually and it is even harder to find someone willing to put forth that extra effort to do some digging.

I am sure that the # is in my manual, but it is not handy and won't be until I get out to the in-law's farm on Friday night.

dodgecharger-fan

these things?

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

I just went through my parts book. It's not even shown in the diagrams for ANY columns. The plate that is the same shape is there, but no gasket is shown or listed in the parts list.. at least no that I can find.

Ghoste

Well, I took the trouble and I don't find it listed in the 69 parts catalog.  I may be missing it but it's likely that it was a non-service part.  I'll delve a little deeper and see if it turns up in another section.