News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing oil pickup and pan

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 24, 2006, 07:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Should the pickup be holding pressure against the bottom of the pan or do I need another turn? The pickup is very tight allready, so if I need to tighten it furthur, does anyone have good advice as how not to hurt it. I.E. what tool to use?

I am installing a windage tray. Will the 2 gaskets (cork) be enough or should something else be added to help seal it up?

RallyeMike

The pickup should be against the bottom of the pan. A pipe wrench will do the job to certain point. Don't get crazy and be sure to clean up any loose metal (file) where the tube is gripped. You can also just bend the tube slightly with some hand pressure, but be careful not to kink it.

Two gaskets and a moderate amount of silicone on all surfaces will seal fine. I always add a dab of silocone to the thread of the bolts too.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Chryco Psycho

if the tube is tight leave it & just bend it slightly to get the clearace you need to the bottom of the pan