News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

McLeod Clutches

Started by 70sixpkrt, June 02, 2017, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

McLeod doesn't sell their 360153 Pressure Plates anymore. Does anybody know who still has some of these?
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/mcl-360153/overview/

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

metallicareload99

I think McLeod stopped making em some time ago. I was able to get a McLeod  Borg & Beck 11" pressure plate from Passon Performance last month. He still had a few leftover, he might have some 10.5" pressure plates? If not maybe try Brewer's

http://passonperformance.com

http://www.brewersperformance.com
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

70sixpkrt

I just noticed on Mcleods website they have a rebuild service. I think I'll call them next week to see if they will rebuild mine.

70sixpkrt

I just called Mcleod and they said they do not rebuild those pressure plates.  :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_dissapprove: I also called Brewers and Passion Perf. and they have been recommending the Ram Pressure Plates since the Mcleods have been discontinued.

metallicareload99

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 12, 2017, 04:11:41 PM
I just called Mcleod and they said they do not rebuild those pressure plates.  :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_dissapprove: I also called Brewers and Passion Perf. and they have been recommending the Ram Pressure Plates since the Mcleods have been discontinued.

Yeah... I'm no expert on clutches (or anything for that matter) but I ordered a Ram pressure plate a few months ago and wasn't too impressed. The quality was good, but the design/construction seemed lighter compared to the McLeod. And I didn't like how there were no centrifugal weights. Though this one had the highest "static pressure" rating. Ultimately I couldn't use it because my new disc is a 12" unit and wouldn't physically fit in the Ram pressure plate.

There must be clutch shop local to you that could rebuild your pressure plate? That's one option

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I went with a twin disc setup last year. Hopefully my new McLeod Borg & Beck setup will last at least as long as my first
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

70sixpkrt

Update: I sent my discontinued Mcleod #360153 Pressure Plate to Mcleod to see if they will rebuild it. I got a call this morning and they said no problem. So if anybody is using this pressure plate, send it to Mcleod to get rebuilt. I have 2 more of these Pressure Plates that I'm going to send them for rebuild. This is what mine looked like: