News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

crj1968

I was like 5 pages on this thread now?   Then I saw it was all photos of you geeking out on your find.   :icon_smile_big:

Good for you...nice find. Your friend with the 80's olds should be kicking himself in the nads for the next 20 years for passing over this.... 

I dig those wheel covers...so wish there were 15" versions out there.

Great car. ENJOY !

moparstuart

Quote from: crj1968 on June 05, 2017, 09:06:44 PM
I was like 5 pages on this thread now?   Then I saw it was all photos of you geeking out on your find.   :icon_smile_big:

Good for you...nice find. Your friend with the 80's olds should be kicking himself in the nads for the next 20 years for passing over this.... 

I dig those wheel covers...so wish there were 15" versions out there.

Great car. ENJOY !
yup and he wasnt even a friend , never met him untill last friday

HANDM

Obviously you're not going to tell us what you paid. I'm sure since you aren't forthcoming with it, we can all assume you paid way under market vaue and don't want us to hammer on you for ripping the old guy off.

If I'm wrong please correct me  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: HANDM on June 05, 2017, 09:48:06 PM
Obviously you're not going to tell us what you paid. I'm sure since you aren't forthcoming with it, we can all assume you paid way under market vaue and don't want us to hammer on you for ripping the old guy off.

If I'm wrong please correct me  :2thumbs:
yes i bought the car way under market , but im not a flipper and its not for sale  , I paid the gentleman what he wanted and he was happy it was gone so he could park him BMW convertible inside .   He watched TV shows on cars and had an Idea what he wanted .   If you want more info then that  your not getting it from me  . Period its my car and my buisness  . Now lets get back to enjoying this time capsule  .  Back to your regular programming Same bat time same bat channel . 

69rtse4spd

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 03, 2017, 06:41:54 PM
no A4 in 1968 - looks like paint code "F" - light green metallic - what drivetrain and OPTIONS? looks like auto, A/C, AM radio & rust DELETE!!  :drool5:

Thanks.

moparstuart

moparstuart

TexasStroker

Very nice score...Are you going to just drive it as is, or build it to suit?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

crj1968

I paid the gentleman what he wanted and he was happy
[/quote]

I hope you got it it for less than what it was sold for new. I mean we're talking an old, used car here!   :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: TexasStroker on June 05, 2017, 11:33:37 PM
Very nice score...Are you going to just drive it as is, or build it to suit?
as is just make it mechanically sound and safe 

moparstuart

Quote from: crj1968 on June 05, 2017, 11:46:18 PM
I paid the gentleman what he wanted and he was happy

I hope you got it it for less than what it was sold for new. I mean we're talking an old, used car here!   :2thumbs:

[/quote]  Yeah i wish that too  , but  NO lol 

chapel40

Don Chapel

moparstuart

If anyone is in the Kc area this weekend it will be At the HPAC show this weekend

Dans 68

Nice find.  ;)  Being so original I'd photo-document the hell out of it, and take more pics if and when you remove parts for repair/replacement.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

Quote from: Dans 68 on June 06, 2017, 12:40:07 PM
Nice find.  ;)  Being so original I'd photo-document the hell out of it, and take more pics if and when you remove parts for repair/replacement.

Dan
good advise  ,  i dont know weather to replace all the belts or not  , conflicted cause i wanna drive it it   , not conflicted on the hoses as they have already been replaced  with the wrong stuff ,
so radiator is getting recored as its coming apart and all the brakes are getting replaces  i'll save anything i pull off  and save it  

WINGMAN

I think that it might be wise if you change all the belts and hoses, give it a tune up with plugs (RJ12YC champion) points and wires if the rubber ends look hard. Change oil and filter in the engine and trans also. Air filter if looks so so, On the brakes I think looking at the shoes to see how much they are worn. On a car that old it might be a bet to replace the wheel cylinders , they are cheep and the master cylinder. I
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on June 06, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
  I think that it might be wise if you change all the belts and hoses, give it a tune up with plugs (RJ12YC champion) points and wires if the rubber ends look hard. Change oil and filter in the engine and trans also. Air filter if looks so so, On the brakes I think looking at the shoes to see how much they are worn. On a car that old it might be a bet to replace the wheel cylinders , they are cheep and the master cylinder. I
yup

family_dodge

Great thread, thrilling find. Excited to see the next steps as you work to keep it pristine and make it road ready. Congrats, dude! And thanks for sharing!

darbgnik

How long you gonna wait to wash it?? lol.

Awesome find.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Turbo440

I don't think my old man ever wants to wash it.  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Turbo440 on June 06, 2017, 07:03:07 PM
I don't think my old man ever wants to wash it.  :smilielol:

Oh Boy my youngest      :rotz:  Meet Ian  he got to drive it before me