News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

When one freeze plug is rusty the rest are not much better  :P
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 25, 2020, 07:39:42 PM
When one freeze plug is rusty the rest are not much better  :P
checked the ones we could get to all were solid  none were seeping or rust bubbling like this one   . it wont get to many miles put on it and we will keep an eye on it .   Motto  has been with this one its only original once so trying to not disturb anything i dont have to.   Hopefully i dont regret only addressing as needed . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

So to all the Nay sayer who said i would never do anything to it .  It should be road worth enough now to make it to more shows and cruises   .  Ill trade it out at home with the Birdible for a while and exercise her . 

oldgold69

replace all the freeze plugs  my 68 was the same way something in those block seem to make a lot of rust in the coolant may look good out side but the back side is probably real thin on the inside  sitting makes it worse

cdr

Quote from: moparstuart on August 25, 2020, 09:22:11 PM
So to all the Nay sayer who said i would never do anything to it .  It should be road worth enough now to make it to more shows and cruises   .  Ill trade it out at home with the Birdible for a while and exercise her . 

Better get you a Gano filter in the upper hose, the radiator will thank you.you can see mine & it WORKS !!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 24, 2020, 03:42:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 24, 2020, 08:17:25 AM
I know what u mean life gets in the way.   I only have 3 toes on my left foot.  Still healing from that last October.

Sorry Stu. They do grow back. Glad your active again. !!
Toes grow back ??

moparstuart

moparstuart

Got them from the son of the original dealer owner. He went and grabbed me a few from his dad who is still around. 

birdsandbees

Good to see you mobile Stuart.. don't trip over that forkin spray can on the floor!  :yesnod: ;D
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moparstuart

timmycharger

moparstuart

Quote from: timmycharger on September 04, 2020, 11:47:46 AM
:cheers:

outstanding!!  :2thumbs:
yes this car just keeps on amazing me    , not touched in at least 33 years and sucked just it down and recharged it back up , its running 

moparstuart

moparstuart

went to the parts store for some fuses   , taking it to a car show today Pistons and pin ups at the Blvd Drive in

68RT440

1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

GMP440

The car looks awesome. That paint is so nice,  I wouldn't  repaint on it.  You were the right buyer for this car.
 How does the car run?  You have good acceleration and performance?

moparstuart

Yes runs great.  May need a carb rebuild in the future and accellorator pump. But not yet. 

moparstuart

Thanks again to Brian M Bodensteiner. For the donation of a washer bottle in much better shape then mine and holds it old patina.   Waited till we got running and drive well to switch it out and not to put a hand through it working on the engine

moparstuart

Bin of all the original parts we have taken off to make the car safe.   Tried to touch as very little as possible to keep the car original but we must make it driveable and safe.

Kern Dog

Glad to see that you have the car out and about!  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

If you have to replace the freeze plugs, it won't effect the value at all !!.

moparstuart

Washed the whole car and cleaned and washed  the Engine bay this weekend .  Also complete deep cleaned the vinyl top with Aerospace 303 cleaner and then sealed it with Aerospace 303 UV protectant , it was really dry all over but especially out in the middle  . It really suck it up and looks like brand new now .  

moparstuart

Washed for the first time in 33 years.

taxspeaker

Funny what time does Stuart-that color 50 years ago-blah. Today it looks great!