News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RE:Proper screws for 69 Charger sill plates

Started by charger_lady, April 25, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_lady

Who's gonna be the first to go out to your Charger and take a pic of the proper screws for installing the sill plates on our 69 Charger?  LOL
When we took the old crappy sill plates off we put the screws somewhere we wouldn't forget...well we forget where the hell we put them! We got new sill plates so I figure we might as well get new screws too...especially since the old ones are still hiding...lol

If you guys could also help out with the proper dash screws that would be awesome. Ours somehow disappeared at the body shop. I need to replace all of them...there's only one left in the front plate for the original stereo.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HELP US OUT WITH THIS!!!!!

charger_lady  :)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charger_lady

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 25, 2006, 01:13:49 PM
Try this link for starters.  It has both of what you are asking for. This stuff is all over ebay. :icon_smile_big:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCREW-KIT-INTERIOR-CHARGER-69-1969-B-BODY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4634539187QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks...got kinda excited until I read they only ship in the US only  :'(
I don't mind searching for the original style screws...I do need to know what I should be looking for and thats why I asked about pics :icon_smile_wink:

JimShine

Here is a pic of one. It has a round top, phillips head, and the underside of the head has teeth to help it grip the plate.

Shakey

I was at a yard in CA a few months ago and took numerous reference photos of different screws and clips for situations such as this.

Jim's pic is better than mine but I figured you'd also like to see the other screw at the rear of the sill plate as well.

charger_lady

Quote from: JimShine on April 26, 2006, 01:12:51 AM
Here is a pic of one. It has a round top, phillips head, and the underside of the head has teeth to help it grip the plate.
Quote from: Shakey on April 26, 2006, 06:49:40 AM
I was at a yard in CA a few months ago and took numerous reference photos of different screws and clips for situations such as this.

Jim's pic is better than mine but I figured you'd also like to see the other screw at the rear of the sill plate as well.

:2thumbs:...Just what I was looking for... :2thumbs:
Thanks Jim & Shakey...great pics :icon_smile_wink:
I'm gonna have to check out what I've got
Maybe now that I know what to look for I'll find them...probably dumped into the "jar" of unmarked odds & ends
BAD ME :spank:...LOL

So,any pictures of dash screws? PLEASE  ;D