News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-72 frony sway bar

Started by 48chebbie, April 25, 2006, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48chebbie

any body got a pic (close up preferably) of the lower control arm sway bar mounts on a 71-72 b-body plymouth or dodge? i am adding a front sway bar to my 72 satellite,i don't need factory brackets,as i am a toolmaker/machinist,and i will fab up,and weld on my own. i just need to see a pic of the originals for reference,and location. please someone help. thanks.
how'd i do that!?!?!?

d72hemi

these are some pics that I have. If you need other pics with something for a referance just let me know. I can take some tonight or tomorrow, as I have them laying on a shelf.

Ian

d72hemi

More. I jope this help, but like I said just let me know if you need anything else

48chebbie

those are fabulous,i greatly appreciate them,that is what i needed.
how'd i do that!?!?!?

d72hemi

good luck with the fabrication. There is a guy that converts non-sway bar LCA to sway bar LCA for a lot of $$$, and he will sometimes will sell the brackes (you weld them) too. If you make a few of these or the plate to "box in" the LCA sign me up for a set or two. the only reason I have a real sway bar LCA is because the guy wanted $25 for the pair! Let me know how it turns out!

Ian

48chebbie

i made these at work yesterday on my dinner break,i am sure that .125" material is overkill,but,i know they will never bend,even with an 1 1/8" sway bar. d72hemi,yours are already in the works,later today,i will get the LCA stiffening plates made as well,stay tuned.............
how'd i do that!?!?!?

d72hemi

flashley18

I would like to a sway bars to my 71 charger as well.  What would you charge to make a set of these brackets.  I have looked for stock LCA and can't find them or at least that I can afford.

Thanks