News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What camshaft

Started by Ddhotbot, August 04, 2017, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ddhotbot

Here's what I have so far Factory 4 barrel intake Holley 600 CFM I'm having the exhaust ports opened up on the heads what camshaft should I put in? Strictly a mild Street build

69wannabe

The XE268 comp cam is a good cam for a mild street build, you will have to replace the stock valve springs with new matching springs for the cam too....

randy73

Ddhotbot

c00nhunterjoe

Why are you only porting the exhaust? Why are you running a stock iron intake if you are looking for more power?

Ddhotbot

I probably said that wrong I'm having the exhaust smells inlarged up to the 360 size. I was told that the iron intake off of a 360 was good combined with a Holley 4-barrel

PRH

I think you'd get better responses if you listed what the car is, what you're trying to do, and all other pertinent info pertaining to your combo.

Aren't all "360" 4 bbl manifolds spread bore pattern?
Will you be using a spread bore carb?

If this is a your "first time" type build, I wouldn't try and be too tricky with the grinding on the heads.
It usually makes them worse instead of better.......and I can't think of any reason why you'd be making the ex ports bigger for a mild street 318.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

randy73

Listen to him and start with putting EVERYTHING you would want to do and what you are looking for. Trust me, I asked a million questions before I started to rebuild my engine.

Ddhotbot

Go to BJ are racing.com and read the article on small head technology this is where I got my information on replacing only the exhaust valve. Please let me know what you think

randy73

I know what I read about moving air through the heads is done by increasing lift and/or bigger intake valves with porting of the heads in various ways. I would im PRH and talk to him directly, I know he was a big help to me when I called him.

Ddhotbot

I apologize the car is a 1973 Dodge Charger with a 318 it has 60,000 original miles on it's in excellent condition I would like to keep it as Factory as possible. I would also like to soup it up just a little bit to wake up that 3:18

randy73

What rearend do you have, the 2.76?

Change to a 3.23 if you have the 2.76 and that will wake it up some.