News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cad or gold paint on wiper motor

Started by 73chargers4404, April 28, 2006, 10:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

does anyone know if they make i dont know if they make a can engine paint that would look like the factory paint.

mopar_madman

I used plasti cote gold laquer, came out nice.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Drop Top

The Eastwood Catalog sells any color you need for a restoration in rattle can. Looks really close also. Just dosen't last as long as real cadium plating. But alot cheaper.

73chargers4404

Hay madman ,is that plasti coat come in can ,and do you know who makes it and where you can buy it

mopar_madman

yeah its a spray can, I think i got mine at pep boys, plasti -cote and dupli- color both sell in most stores and they have web sites that list all their products.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

73chargers4404

did you use a primer first it looks good

mopar_madman

don't think I did, I just sanded with 220 and cleaned the surface, sprayed a couple light coats then masked the gold area (wrapped a piece of paper around the cylinder and taped the paper so the tape didn't touch the paint) and sprayed the silver area then sprayed the center with a cast grey color. All done with spray cans.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger