News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 front fenders vs 72 fenders

Started by 72Charger72, December 07, 2017, 04:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger72

I have what may be a stupid question for some but I have some 73 Charger fenders. Came of my first Charger. 73 Brougham.

They are mint! Acid dipped and Primed. I was going to put them on my 72 Rallye build reading the only difference is the wheel well opening was bigger on 73. I have 1 71 fender and we alll know hard good fenders are to find.

Question:How bad would it look with 73 fenders? Should I try and find another 71 fender? I would like the car to match as much as possible.
Just wondering what others would do.

Nacho-RT74

the problem is not really the wheel opening, which is true, 73/74 is bigger/higher ( maybe an inch or so ). Would be an issue if installing the molding, since 71/72 are diff profile than 73/74. The bigger problem is the radiator core support won't match with the panel on back of headlights and won't be able to attach those areas. Will find a big gap and wheels will be visible.

From exterior will be hard to notice any diff, but as soon you open the hood, will find there is something weird
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

72Charger72

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 08, 2017, 07:59:02 AM
the problem is not really the wheel opening, which is true, 73/74 is bigger/higher ( maybe an inch or so ). Would be an issue if installing the molding, since 71/72 are diff profile than 73/74. The bigger problem is the radiator core support won't match with the panel on back of headlights and won't be able to attach those areas. Will find a big gap and wheels will be visible.

From exterior will be hard to notice any diff, but as soon you open the hood, will find there is something weird
Thanks again Nacho you the man! So I guess I will be searching for some 72 Fenders now and selling the 73's and 71...