News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

QUESTION FOR YOU PRO'S..

Started by Steve P., May 01, 2006, 07:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

A buddy of mine is getting ready to re-do his 74' Vet'. Some (nice guy), took out his rear bumper cover in a parking lot and of coarse left a note... NOT!!!  So he is looking at buying new TRUE FLEX COVERS from http://www.toledopro.com/truflex.html .  I'm wondering if any of you guys have bought and used any of these goods or know of the quality. 

Also any tips on install and prep.  I know diddly about body and paint.    ???
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparguy01

Never used one from them before. Last one we did at the shop the guy brought in his own cover from minneapolis and it took alot of fiberglass work to make it work on the car.

Good luck.

Drop Top

Replaceing the rear bumper on one of those year vets is a real pain in the rear end. I don't know anything about the venders mentioned here. The ones I've done have been brought to me with the car.

There is not much you can do to get one of thouse straight. All you can do is paint them and put them on. What you get is a bumper that looks just like the one that came on the car,

THe way I paint any plastic bumper is with base/clear. You don't need to add any flex additive to this type of paint. Scotch bright the bumper cover to a dull uniform finish. I use a product called Ting with the scotch bright pad. After you have washed and dried it. I spray a product called Bull Dog on it first. Its an adhision promoter. Let it flash then paint it like you would anything else. Alot of differant manufactorers make addhision promoters you don't need to buy Bull Dog. I use it because my local paint supplie store carries it.