News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Goodbye Scotty. . . One, to beam up.

Started by SirNik73, July 20, 2005, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

Yep Scotty died today.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16979

"Born March 3, 1920, in Vancouver, Doohan came about Scotty's fiery personality and doggedness the old-fashioned way: The battlefield. Fighting with the Royal Canadian Artillery during World War II, the future Starfleet officer landed on the beaches of Normandy, France, as part of the U.S.-led D-Day invasion. He lost a finger; the Allies won the war"

1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

RD

goodbye scotty!  never met ya, but well, you were an icon. 
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

my73charger

WE DON"T HAVE THE POWER CAPTAIN!  So long ole boy!

Telvis

ChargerBill

All good things come to an end... I remember growing up and watching StarTrek every day. When things like this happen it reminds me how long ago it was that I was a kid.

Rest In Peace Scotty...
Life is a highway...

Johnny SixPack

He gave us all he had.

God's speed, Scotty.

Guess he and Bones can grab a drink together again.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ChargerRob

"Aye! Captain Kirk" he would sometimes say. RIP Scotty :'(
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

tomonty

I just heard that his ashes are going to be launched into outer space by his request. Very fitting.

RIP
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

RD

Quote from: tomonty on July 20, 2005, 03:56:36 PM
I just heard that his ashes are going to be launched into outer space by his request. Very fitting.

RIP

did they mention on who or what was going to do this?  thats interesting.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Jeez another famous Canadian bites the dust....  :'(
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

SirNik73

from yahoo news

"Per Doohan's request, said longtime agent Steve Stevens Sr., the sci-fi star will be cremated and his ashes launched into space by the same Houston-based aerospace company that shot the remains of Gene Roddenberry into orbit following the Star Trek creator's 1991 death."
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Charger_Fan

Well, that's a better idea than burying him face down so people can use his butt cheeks as a bike stand. ;D

J/K. :icon_smile_approve:

RIP, Scotty.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Quote from: ChargerBill on July 20, 2005, 02:53:58 PM
All good things come to an end... I remember growing up and watching StarTrek every day. When things like this happen it reminds me how long ago it was that I was a kid.

Rest In Peace Scotty...

RIP :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 20, 2005, 05:01:11 PM
Well, that's a better idea than burying him face down so people can use his butt cheeks as a bike stand. ;D

J/K. :icon_smile_approve:

RIP, Scotty.

unless you are from arkansas, they dont have bikes.   squeal like a pig! :o :o

bull

James Doohan seemed like a very cool guy. I loved his role as Scotty and I hate to see him go.

Drache

I think the very LAST episode for Star Trek he ever did was guest star in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The one where they find him in that teleporter loop and he became depressed because he so badly wanted to help but everything he knew about starships was outdated.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70charginglizard

God Speed.

Very cool guy and will be remembered in the minds and hearts of many.   :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

TheGhost

Quote from: Drache on July 20, 2005, 09:46:58 PM
I think the very LAST episode for Star Trek he ever did was guest star in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The one where they find him in that teleporter loop and he became depressed because he so badly wanted to help but everything he knew about starships was outdated.

Yup.  I liked that one.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dart3404

warlock

"Beam me up Scotty" is still heard from time to time today, even after all these years. He was one of my favorite characters in Star Trek. It was sad to hear.

Bluebeast

Rest In Peace. He was beamed up to a better place!
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Chargerguy74

Fought along side my grandpa.....never knew that.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Drache

QuoteBeam Me Up Scotty

Wanna know something kinda funny? Never in ANY episode will you find someone saying that line. Just like in the original Sherlock Holmes stories never once was it written "It's elementary my dear watson". Weird how these sayings are so famous.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

KMPX2