News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clips that rear side quarter window chrome screws connect with question??

Started by javakmcharger68, May 02, 2006, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Took off my rear side window chrome awhile back, & I realize now that I don't know how to screw it back on. I am talking about the screw points inside the rear side window area. I know they screw on, but right now I have nothing to connect the screw to on the car. A picture of the clip would be great, but if someone could explain what the clips look like would be good also. I hope I am making sense  :P Thanks

bill440rt

Are you talking about the quarter panel belt molding? (The one under the 1/4 window).
There are just small "J" clips from inside that the screws go in to. The screws are small, tapered Phillips head sheet metal screws. The "J" clips, or ones that at least will do the job, should be available from your local, better auto parts store (NAPA, etc). Check their hardware section.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Shakey

Quote from: javakmcharger68 on May 02, 2006, 07:08:19 PM
Took off my rear side window chrome awhile back, & I realize now that I don't know how to screw it back on. I am talking about the screw points inside the rear side window area. I know they screw on, but right now I have nothing to connect the screw to on the car. A picture of the clip would be great, but if someone could explain what the clips look like would be good also. I hope I am making senseĀ  :P Thanks

Are these the ones you are talking about?

Todd Wilson

Excellent pictures there Shakey!!!!!   Those shuld have a nut on the other side.   You can get new ones at a good body shop supply.    Reclip them into the chrome strip. The little whisker holds it and then back into the hole and spin the nut on from behind. Doesnt need to be torqued real tight but snug. Might have to remove an interior panel to get to it.

Todd