News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The hump in the rear wheel well of 68-70 Chargers....

Started by Blakcharger440, May 03, 2006, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I am wanting to pound down the hump in the rear wheel well of my 70 Charger. What is the best way to do this? Do I run the risk of damaging any outer body skins by pounding it down?

I am trying to make a little more clearance for bigger wheels.

Drop Top

I don't understand. Are you talking about the wheel well lip, where the molding goes?

MadScientist

This has been done before, but I cant recall at what stage it was done (before or after paint).  It was also referred to on a website that talks in depth about wheel offset and they "remove"this obstruction.  Sorry I coundt be more specific, but the info is out there

MS

Blakcharger440

Hey terrible, If you look up into the top of your rear wheel well you sill see a hump that sticks out preventing optimum wheel travel. I am planning on "smoothing" this out for more room.

Drop Top

There is room to pound out that area. But if you want it to look good it will take a bit more finesse then just a hammer. It will take a bit of shrinking also. If your looking for real room . Mini tub and move the spring hangers. Then when you have the inside wheel well out you will have more room to work out that hump.

phat69charger