News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing front discs: Missing dust shield-seal and anti rattle spring.

Started by Jonas_N, June 13, 2018, 06:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_N

Anyone knows where i could find these? (And what is the name of the seal?)

Thanks

...I also think I have the wrong calipers as I have to rear mount them. (factory front sway bar.)  :brickwall:

hemi71x

I just make my own from the packing foam material used wrapping up items before you stuff them in the box.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,132380.0.html

Go to your auto parts store, and have them order up a caliper "hardware kit" for your missing parts.

No big deal, mounting calipers to the rear when interfering with a sway bar.
Longer hoses from an Aspen & Volare, work well, from what people who have done that conversion, report.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

AKcharger

if you order new pads they come with the clips and anto-rattle spring.

hemi71x

Quote from: AKcharger on June 13, 2018, 11:31:41 AM
if you order new pads they come with the clips and anto-rattle spring.

Not necessarily so, in my mechanical career.

AKcharger

hemi71x

Quote from: AKcharger on June 13, 2018, 01:55:24 PM
The set I got from Rock auto last week did  :popcrn:

Good for you.
You got lucky, with the manufacturer of those pads, the way they package them up, and market them.
Ordering Calipers, would most likely get you the hardware, but not brake pads.

Lets say the OP already has pads, then he just needs to order up the necessary hardware, without having to think if he would be getting hardware with pads in the box.

Kern Dog

Are you keeping those splash shields to retain an OEM appearance? I toss them out when doing a factory type disc brake change-over. They retain heat. Unless you are driving in mud or heavy rain, I see no value in them.
Also, those brake parts can be found through Wagner brakes. I have several used ones if you strike out locally.

Jonas_N

Quote from: hemi71x on June 13, 2018, 09:43:22 AM
I just make my own from the packing foam material used wrapping up items before you stuff them in the box.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,132380.0.html

Go to your auto parts store, and have them order up a caliper "hardware kit" for your missing parts.

No big deal, mounting calipers to the rear when interfering with a sway bar.
Longer hoses from an Aspen & Volare, work well, from what people who have done that conversion, report.

Thanks for the tips, made my own seals from packing styrofoam and found the anti rattle springs from a dealer online, all good.
Mounted the calipers now and checking hose lengths.

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 14, 2018, 11:27:42 PM
Are you keeping those splash shields to retain an OEM appearance? I toss them out when doing a factory type disc brake change-over. They retain heat. Unless you are driving in mud or heavy rain, I see no value in them.
Also, those brake parts can be found through Wagner brakes. I have several used ones if you strike out locally.

Keeping them for some protection, sometimes there are some rainy summers here in Sweden.

Looking good now, time to tourque the wheel bearings and then get it down on all fours to adjust ride height.
(Have also changed torsion bars, LCAs, all ball joints, bushings.)

Kern Dog

Sorry, I did not notice that you were overseas. I don't drive mine in mud or rain here!   :eek2:

Jonas_N

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 15, 2018, 02:35:50 AM
Sorry, I did not notice that you were overseas. I don't drive mine in mud or rain here!   :eek2:

Mine goes in heavy rain and dusty roads.  :icon_smile_big:
It seems my car was from the Washington area originally, when i got it from the states the paint job was a joke but underneath its very solid, no rust (Well trunk floor but that is replaced now.) and covered in rust-protection.

Kern Dog

Sweden....Home of the fine Volvo and beautiful Blonde women!
:2thumbs:

Jonas_N

AKcharger

Jonas_N

Well, all bolted up. New LCAs, thanks to forum member garner7555, my old ones were bent.   :cheers:
All new bushings, mostly rubber, new bigger torsion bars, new shocks, new ball joints, new tie rods and a disc conversion on top.

Finally down on all fours, time to adjust ride height and tourque those LCA nuts.

Then up with the rear and change bushings....  :icon_smile_blackeye: