News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door hinge help..I need it fast

Started by Telvis, May 04, 2006, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

My body guy called me this evening to tell me he forgot to replace the door hinge pins. They should have already been done since the car has been painted. He called to tell me the lower hinges don't use bushings. Is that correct? I need to know asap before he screws something up. He says the lower hing takes a pin only. Is this right?

I know this is the wrong section but I need help fast.  :icon_smile_big:

haueter66

any hinges I have ever rebuilt required drilling and bushing both hinges.  A new pin in the old hole might still be sloppy if the hole is worn  ???

mopar_madman

mopars didn't originaly have bushings just pins, the repair kits have pins and bushings. The reason for the bushings as mentioned before is the holes are worn. Aside from welding up the holes and redrilling the bushings are needed. You can use the "HELP" parts at the auto parts store I'm not sure the part number though. Do a search cause this was asked before in the paint and body section.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger