News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical problems in new car

Started by Silver R/T, May 05, 2006, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Alright, this started happening couple days ago. I was driving and when I put on left turn signal it was blinking rapidly like bulb is out. I just thought maybe bulb is out or something... then it stopped doing that. So I thought it was some electrical issue perhaps. That was Sunday evening. NOw tuesday evening Im driving and I get same symptoms again, rapid blinking left turn signal. I check out bulbs but they're not burnt. I drive along and ...nothing, car just dies. I just coast and turn into side street. Pop hood open, check for vacuum leaks, dont see any. checked fuses, all good. After a couple cranks car starts up and I rev it, but if I rev it over 3+k rpm it goes back down and dies. So i attempted to start it a few more times and finally I got it where I could drive it if i keep it under 3K. Its good I wasnt that far away from home. It proceeded to die once more but I restarted and successfully made it home. Now Im clueless what is wrong. TPS, fuel pump... I dont know, not good with electronics.
Im kinda positive its electrical though, since I even got malfunctioning left turn signal...somethings gotta be wrong with electrical. What do you think guys??/
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikepmcs

what year and what car are we talking about?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikepmcs

before i go researching for you and i will, ponder this for me.  my ex girlfriend had her audi here and when she went on vacation once i had it parked in front of my garage kinda nose pointed up(slight incline).  over the 2 week period it rained a few times and long story short, the car acted kinda the same way yours is. water had ran down the hood valley and right down the wire bundle straight in to the computers.  it turned out to be the computer under the driver's kick panel which controls fuel and a myriad of other stuff, i removed it cleaned it(compressed air to dry it) and that fixed the problem.  so , has your car been in the rain lately and did this start after that?  ok that's my theory until you tell me otherwise.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722