News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painted My Car

Started by mopar_madman, May 07, 2006, 07:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_madman

I shot my car on fri, single stage black urethane. Now the fun part putting her back together
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

mopar_madman

more pics
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

hemihead

Sweet,That's how my 73 will look.  ;D
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Silver R/T

is this your first paint job? looks good
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Goldfinger71

How long did it take you to shoot it? :icon_smile_question:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

mikepmcs

you wet sand that baby and it will look mint. although it looks great right now!!!! that is what i have to do with mine still, although i didn't paint it but it will take away alot of stuff.

nice job! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar_madman

I've painted before, been along time since i did a car, first time with single stage A U. It took about 2 1/2 hours to spray. Yeah it definitly needs  a wet sand and polish, shot it in the garage so I knew I would have some dirt.         
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

mikepmcs

old school, garage shootin', that's what i'm talkin' about!!!!
Mint! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

wetfeetmi

mopar_madman

Quote from: wetfeetmi on May 08, 2006, 04:57:11 PM
Why single stage?

non mettalic color, so clear isn't needed. kept garaged and only will mostly see good weather. This was just a quick repaint so i could cruise and enjoy this car while I do total resto on my road runner. This car will get total resto when the RR is done. Also some people will debate whether solid colors should be single or base clear, I'm very happy with single stage urethane in black. I guess its more personal preference then anything.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger