News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fresh stitches in the middle of the night

Started by Drache, August 12, 2005, 11:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

It's good to hear that you are doing alot better now that its over for the most part. Was there any real serious risk involved with your injury?   I remember when i was a kid in 8th grade one morning before school I walked into the guest room to get something and ended um slicing my small toe on my left foot on the bed frame( frame was too big for the bed. ) Right after I washed it off and took a look at it a knew   I would need stiches. From there everything was able to be fixed. Once the doctor had taken   a look at it and stitched it up he told me that it was a real clean cut and that I was very lucky a tiny bit deeper and I would have ended up with 9 toes   :'(   Hopefully you wont end up with a bad scar or anything unfortunately I did but luckily it's on my foot so it's not really visible. On my right foot right above the gap by small toe ended up with a line in the middle and 4 dots on each side where  stitches were. All in all good lucky with your recovery and hope it turns out for the best. 
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Andrew

try looking in your shoe, something might have fallen in there - happens to meall the time (but doesnt end in me getting cut)

Drache

Quote from: andrew on August 15, 2005, 04:19:05 AM
try looking in your shoe, something might have fallen in there - happens to meall the time (but doesnt end in me getting cut)

Nothing in my shoe. I was getting ready for bed and hadn't worn my shoes until about 4 hours earlier.

There are only three things that could have really been bad. Since it only cut halfway through the vein, it healed alot better and faster than if it had totally severed it. The second was that the doctor was worried that I might have cut through a tendon because I couldn't move my big toe. That was just the cut itself and the swelling because I can move it now. The third is that I now have a slight infection in my foot and so I'm fighting that with rubbing alcohol and hot water.

I can pretty much get around without my cane now unless I happen to step that foot onto a fair sized rock, then my foot starts bleeding again and hurts like a bugger.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Andrew

Quote from: Drache on August 15, 2005, 10:03:53 AM

I can pretty much get around without my cane now
the question is not "can i get around without my cane?" but "do i want to get around without my cane?", their mighty useful for wacking small children and things like that