News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Licensed movie cars

Started by JB400, September 30, 2018, 06:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metallicareload99

Licensing seems like a double edged sword.  It seems like if something is "MoPar officially licensed" at best all it means is it costs more than other options  :-\  In this case it seems like a good thing.  The cars in the pictures look like they could be from screen shots.  It looks like they turn out nice cars that are accurate to the car in the movie.  Maybe the licensing has something to do with that  :shruggy:
I know it shouldn't bother me, but it irks me when "movie car" replicas have noticeable inaccuracies.  I know it's harder than it looks to get all the details right, but: General Lees with goofy graphics.  "Bullitt replicas" with Road Wheels/Magnum 500s instead of 14" wheel hub caps, no vinyl top, with Bumblebee stripe.

I would love to have an Eleanor tho, even if it didn't match 100% with the movie car.  That's probably why not all replicas are perfect

:drive:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Mike DC

:2thumbs:

from the company's webpage:

"I've been a car buyer for a long time, and every time I'd buy an old muscle car, or even a restored build, I would just be so let down by the drivability of it. They would smell, they wouldn't start, they would have fuel pump issues, you name it, there was always something. To take these cars and re-engineer them to the point of bulletproof daily drivability, that's what drives me and this business.
We don't really care to win car shows or awards. Our biggest measure of success for anything that we do here at Fusion is to get a phone call from a customer who has just passed the 50,000 mile mark on one of our cars. That's all that matters to us."