News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leak & the gear doesn’t shifting , please assist

Started by 123, October 26, 2018, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi

Could you please assist me for my Dodge Charger 68 ,383 , transmission 727.i just replaced all the oil for my charger  and I installed transmission cooler.
The first issue is when I drive the car around 20 min and more and I return back to stopped, the find it leaks a lot . I think it's because of the rear seal engine (not sure).

The other issue is that the transmission doesn't shift regularly from 1 to 2 , unless I remove my legs from the gas pedal ,  then it shift correctly.

In my view , the transmission is the cause of the leak . Please help. :yesnod:

John_Kunkel

Welcome to the board.

Were the leaks there before you changed the oil and installed the trans cooler? There are way too many places for leaks to originate for anybody here to make an informed opinion of the origin, you'll have to trace them to their source. Best way is to thoroughly clean the area with a solvent, rinse with water, dry and then look for the source with a strong light.

Leakage from the bellhousing area can be a transmission seal or an engine seal, the color of the leaked fluid should be a clue. Other common transmission leaks are from the pan gasket, the dip-stick tube, the shift shaft, etc. Once again, you will have to trace the drips back to their source.

Having to lift the foot for the transmission to shift is usually related to the adjustment of the linkage between the carburetor and the trans. If the carburetor original or aftermarket? Is the linkage original?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.