News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPDATED w/ pics: SWEEET! I got invited to airbrush class by Mickey Harris...

Started by ChargerBill, July 20, 2005, 02:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

I just got off the phone with a guy I know in town who manages the local paint warehouse/shop. About 1 year ago he asked Mickey Harris (one of the worlds greatest airbrushers) to give a workshop locally on technique and design. The class is pretty much ONLY for guys in the industry - they are coming from Nevada, Colorado, Oregon and of course California. Mickey is getting old and he is only doing 8 worshops throughout the country this year. Our town happens to be one of the 8 locations...mainly because a ton of Hot Rod and Motorcycle fabrication happens here (bet not many of you knew that). Anyway, I knew I couldn't get into the class because it was exclusive and expensive and since the class is TONIGHT I figured it was a lost cause. Well, now I'm IN....he just called me and said I was invited and to just show up... Mickey is teaching layering, masking and best of all REALISTIC FLAME technique. I'm taking plenty of pics and I'll post them for you. I'm psyched....   :icon_smile_big:
Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Mefirst

tomonty

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Brock Samson

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

gj bill, now you can graduate from water colors to something that may actually pay your bills  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Sounds like a great opportunity. I'm looking forward to the results. :yesnod:

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

That class was (excuse my language) KICK @$$!!!!! It was 5 1/2 hours long and I learned how to paint realistic woodgrain, marble, granite, distressed metal, tears in metal, rivets, fractures in rock/granite/marble, lizard skin, and best of all......REALISTIC FLAMES or as they are called by those guys "FIRE JOBS". It was worth the time for sure. And get this, they had a raffle and I also won the only DVD they gave away tonight which shows how to do skulls, realistic waving checkered flags, drop shadows, fades, smoke, and more realistic flames. Man, I am so inspired. Mickey Harris did a FIRE JOB on a hood in about 45 minutes that he could easily charge $2,000 for.... WHO can make $2,000 in 45 minutes? I don't know anyone. Well, I am going to get out in the garage and practice, practice, practice...

As soon as I feel I'm ready, I'll start offering FIRE JOBS...will work for cash or Charger parts...LOL.

I'll post pics soon.
Life is a highway...

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Recharger

That's awesome Bill, wish I could have seen that.  I used to airbrush a little bit years ago, and gradually drifted away from it due to lack time & space.  I'm inspired now to go blow the dust off of it and give it another go.  How much for a copy of that DVD?  :icon_smile_tongue:  Oh well, I think it's buried under a mound of charger parts somewhere...  maybe I'll get back to it after the resto's "done."

Brock Samson

well i guess this change in attitude pays dividends... maybe I'll give it a try too!   :engel016:

ChargerBill

Here are some pics. I have pics of each step in the processes, but explanations are needed as well. He was a very ood instructor and not only showed and explained how to do everything but also the reason why.

and all his art is at

www.mickeyharrisart.com
Life is a highway...

psykicpup

my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Brock Samson

AlaskanCharger

I've been to a class with Craig Fraser. Very helpful and learned a lot, and forgot some as well already. A few of my buddys as myself do art work plus painting/bodywork here. Graphics are the in thing lately and also getting old. Anyone can take the class,all you have to do pay, the class we took here was $350 for the day. For example, a custom helmet motorcycle or whatever, with graphics and about 25 hours of work can cost up to $975. if a guy realy wants to go crazy or a simple $400. paint job is the normal for what I do 90% of the time. Goodluck with your recent knowledge update, it helps but it also gets old, after doing it so long myself, its my turn to have something that people say, wow, nice job, who did it? I love it when I say I did all..........
Mark :coolgleamA:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AlaskanCharger on July 23, 2005, 12:04:21 AM
after doing it so long myself, its my turn to have something that people say, wow, nice job, who did it? I love it when I say I did all..........
Mark :coolgleamA:
That would be a great feeling, a sense of accomplishment & a boost to the ego.. :thumbs:

Do you have pics of some of your work?

Oh & welcome to the board! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722