News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear disc....

Started by 1charger69, December 20, 2018, 11:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

upgraded last year to front disc...everything set great..... .santa brought me rear discs.....my question is what adjustment is typically made to the prop valve from where i have it set w the drums?

Kern Dog

Only YOU will know...every setup is different. Tire height, pressure, tread compound, traction, suspension...front/rear weight bias, type of master cylinder (Must be 4 wheel disc compatible)
Set the valve closed and test it, opening it up slightly, over and over until you get the REAR wheels to skid...then close it back up slightly.

will

After talking with doctor diff, I have the normal 4 wheel drum prop valve in there. I bought the master from him and have no complaints. The pressure will equalize at all four wheels as the brakes are applied. I had the throttle valve in there, but it's not necessary. I don't know what setup the big guy brought you, but I have SSBC all the way around. The parking brake must be applied to keep the rear pads in adjustment on this setup.

303 Mopar

Don't you need a new prop valve to adjust the front pressure more so the rears won't lock up?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

will

That hasn't been a problem for me, and I am a spirited driver, although I don't drive while consuming them. :cheers:

metallicareload99

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 21, 2018, 07:11:20 PM
Don't you need a new prop valve to adjust the front pressure more so the rears won't lock up?

Quote from: will on December 21, 2018, 07:14:26 PM
That hasn't been a problem for me, and I am a spirited driver, although I don't drive while consuming them. :cheers:

:iagree:
I have 4 wheel discs also with a adjustable proportioning valve to the rear, but I left it wide open and haven't needed to adjust it down. I do have 305 rear tires though
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Kern Dog

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 21, 2018, 07:11:20 PM

In a 4 wheel drum or a 4 wheel disc system, the size of the wheel cylinders or caliper bore establishes the proportioning. The fronts get a bigger wheel cylinder or caliper.
Disc/drum systems are different because the way that they energize is different. Discs are linear. Drums are progressive where 2X the foot pressure may equal 4X the stopping force.